Stucchi rack and Tekno bags

cgalardi

Hello,

I was just wondering if anyone was using the Stucchi luggage rack(removable or non-removable) along with the Tekno bags/brackets.

Just wondering if there are any installation issues with having both installed. I have the Tekno brackets/bags but want a rack on my '02 Lemans for some storage space.

Thankls for any assistance you can offer,

chris in omaha

Guest gooddog

I have the techno racks on my 02 Lemans. I purchased the moto guzzi luggage rack(painted aluminum) at the same time as the bags, but it didn't fit. Neither came with any sort of installtion diagrams or instructions, and we had to grind down the spacers for the techno racks in order for them to fit. I returned the rack to Moto international, where the parts guy said he could order one from Agostini that would work. that was 5 months ago, and still no word.

That's kinda a cool rack.... might be good for shorter trips. I wonder if it's mounting system could damage the paint though, as it seems/appears that it could rub up against the edge of the rear carapace once installed, and especially once loaded up.

Please post some pictures once installed, and let us know how it works out!

al

Guest mcloutier

Just in case the question get asked again, I have the Stucchi rack and Teckno bag combo on my bike. No problems except I had to buy a couple of longer bolts for one of the attachment points.

Correct...i did not order the Stucchi rack. I opted for something a little less expensive :thumbsup:

I will let everyone know how it fits, etc. after i receive it and get it installed.

Thanks very much to all for the great responses!!

chris in omaha :mg:

• 2 weeks later...

Hello all,

I received the luggage rack from Motomecca and installed it on my '02 Lemans. VERY simple bolt-on to the two bolts located under the seat. It fits very well. The only minor issue is that one side of the rear seat plastic cowl slightly rubs on the rack bracket. Just barely...not enough to concern me.

Anyway, it's a well made rack. I can bungee both my tent and sleeping bag to it so it does exactly what I need it to do :)

Attached in a pic of the installed rack.

chris in omaha

Dscf0055.jpg

One final shot of the bike with the Tekno bags, Motomecca rack, Laminar Lip and though you can't see it, the www.tankslapper.biz vinyl protective tank cutouts installed......ready for touring!!!

Thanks to everyone for all the tips/suggestions/advice. What a GREAT website!

chris in omaha

Dscf0060a.jpg

Yeah Chris, nice rack :blush: Seriously- what about the two mounting points at the rear? Do they rest on the carapace? From the pictures, it looks like do.

FWIW, I have a ventura rack on mine. Ugly as sin, but very functional.

Cheers,

Jason

Hi Jason,

Yes, the two rear mounting pontns do rest on the rear bodywork. They have little rubber suction cup like fittings on them. I added one washer under each of the mounting points under the seat to raise the rack ever so slightly, so the suction cups rest lightly on the surface of the bodywork when the rack is unloaded.

chris in omaha

Hi Jason,

Yes, the two rear mounting pontns do rest on the rear bodywork. They have little rubber suction cup like fittings on them. I added one washer under each of the mounting points under the seat to raise the rack ever so slightly, so the suction cups rest lightly on the surface of the bodywork when the rack is unloaded.

chris in omaha

Hrmm, that's what I thought I noticed in the photo as well...

I like the looks of the rack, especially since it's actually above the bodywork as opposed to sticking out from the rear like the Stucchi.... but those rear "legs" supporting this rack would be a concern to me :unsure:

I've already found that the paint Guzzi used on these bikes(or at least the clear-coat) is very very soft.... and I'd worry that those legs, especially under load, and with the bike's vibrations... would damage the finish??

You'll have to let us know how it works out B)

al