MG Ti system sound

Thunderpaugh

I'm looking for someone close to central Virginia that has a MG Ti system installed on a V11 Lemans, Sport, etc, that I could hear. I'm interested in the sound quality and the loudness level. Any comments or opinions, however subjective, on the sound and loudness, would be welcomed and appreciated.

I would describe my sound as being a somewhat muted rumble. Very deep sound.

Re quality. Being titanium, they are very fragile, subject to easily being dented, but otherwise I think they are well made. Except that they appear to be a little lopsided in their mounting as it is nearly impossible to get both parallel to each other and spaced equally from the rear wheel.

I do like 'em though :D

I would describe my sound as being a somewhat muted rumble. Very deep sound.

Re quality. Being titanium, they are very fragile, subject to easily being dented, but otherwise I think they are well made. Except that they appear to be a little lopsided in their mounting as it is nearly impossible to get both parallel to each other and spaced equally from the rear wheel.

I do like 'em though :D

I've heard this before and is the exact reason that I went with carbon cans. I was initially going to get the Mistrals since I have the Mistral x-over but got a great deal on the Ferracci's. FYI, the price on the Fast by Ferracci website is for both cans and not each can. As for sound, they are awesome, make the bike sound GREAT!!! Will post a sound clip in the few days, as soon as the temp gets above 30F and there's little/no wind.

Guest V11RossoNigel

I am currently using the Guzzi Factory TI pipes with a Mistral X-pipe, for me this is just great, because in England some of The Old Bill (English term for Police) seem to make it their lifes work to pull bikers over with loud pipes. You see the great thing about the TI pipes is that on tick-over they are very quiet indeed, and on low revs going about towns or built up areas it is as stated, still rather deep and muted, but you will not attract attention from the boys in blue (another Police term) but when you are out in the country wind the beauty on, and then after 4500 rpm and up its just music to the ears....beautifull........so I would say yes go for them they look lovely as well, plus don't forget you also get an ECU to match, so all in all value for money....I love em :thumbsup:

Nige

I am currently using the Guzzi Factory TI pipes with a Mistral X-pipe, for me this is just great, because in England some of The Old Bill (English term for Police) seem to make it their lifes work to pull bikers over with loud pipes. You see the great thing about the TI pipes is that on tick-over they are very quiet indeed, and on low revs going about towns or built up areas it is as stated, still rather deep and muted, but you will not attract attention from the boys in blue (another Police term) but when you are out in the country wind the beauty on, and then after 4500 rpm and up its just music to the ears....beautifull........so I would say yes go for them they look lovely as well, plus don't forget you also get an ECU to match, so all in all value for money....I love em :thumbsup:

Nige

I agree comletely with the above. Nothing to add except that "mother^*c+ing wanXXXX AS**+les" is another term for the police here.

Nige

totally agree with above!!!!!had my v11s for 3 months it came fitted with ti's not as load as i have had in the past but enough !!!mine has airbox mod also sound awsome!!

The crossover made a big difference in sound on my bike. Ti cans with the stock crossover was very civil below 4500 or so rpm. It got a lot less civil when I added the FBF crossover. I think it still sounds great but non biker neighbors may not agree.