Motech Tank Bag

OregonAl

Well as I conjure up ways to fit luggage on the Tenni without scratching the paint too much I am intrigued by the tank bags that attach to the fuel filler cap. Supposedly they don't ever contact the paint, held above using a rigid bottom and a clip on device attached to the filler cap. I'd like some feedback if anyone has used one of these. Thanks.

http://www.mo-tech.de/produkt/?produkt_id=...e58512d928b411a

socket_xl.JPG

The bag does actually touch the paint, but the bottom has a silky type material covering it that doesn't hurt the tanks finish.

I think this particular bag fits the LeMans perfectly. No straps, on/off in seconds, and no harm to the tanks finish.

A few pic's

2265251315_02837b5c7f_o.jpg

2265251399_81c89ea85a_o.jpg

2266041774_f54926b520_o.jpg

2266041884_7946769121_o.jpg

Will the leather "chin pad" on the top of my '02 Le Mans tank interfere with the bag or the installation of the mounting ring?

There is a spacer that you can order when you order the mounting ring.

Thanks for those pictures, I am convinced. I called for my application (02 Tenni) and they were unsure about the chinpad clearing the tankbag mount. Can someone with one of the pre-03 bikes check the part/model numbers to assist? I would like to order this set up for the trip down to the National. Thanks.

I am looking for a tank bag solution for my '03 LM also, and appreciate the pictures. I did have a few questions. I like the bag you chose and it looks like it fits well, did you try any of the other Engage bags on the bike to see how they would fit?

Also, from your pictures, it looks like you have some choices, fore and aft, where you mount the bracket to the bag, and it looks like you have yours so the bag is all the way forward. Would it also work to have the bag back just a little?

Thanks.

Tim

Thanks for those pictures, I am convinced. I called for my application (02 Tenni) and they were unsure about the chinpad clearing the tankbag mount. Can someone with one of the pre-03 bikes check the part/model numbers to assist? I would like to order this set up for the trip down to the National. Thanks.

On the Twisted Throttle site, http://www.twistedthrottle.com/article/view/189 , it says early Sport/LeMans "requires use of additional spacer kit to raise tankring".

I'd ask them about the spacer kit when you call to order...

I had one of these setups on my Triumph Daytona and absolutely loved it - the best bag and attachment system I have tried. The tank-bag was an "Engage Sport." It was the perfect size. I purchased it from www.twistedthrottle.com for 189 USD. I wanted to use it on my 1200 Sport but the fuel filler ring has no bolt holes. I saw a post on one of Todd's sites where a guy made it work - after I decided on a different route. You won't be disappointed. I also use their "Cargobag" seat luggage system. Another great piece and would work beautifully on a V11.

I am looking for a tank bag solution for my '03 LM also, and appreciate the pictures. I did have a few questions. I like the bag you chose and it looks like it fits well, did you try any of the other Engage bags on the bike to see how they would fit?

No I didn't. From what I could see, everything else was either too small for my needs or too big to fit or look right on the bike IMO.

Also, from your pictures, it looks like you have some choices, fore and aft, where you mount the bracket to the bag, and it looks like you have yours so the bag is all the way forward. Would it also work to have the bag back just a little?

Thanks.

Tim

Yes, it would work just fine mounted an inch or 2 back.

Nice bag but why would they block the map window with that gray stripe? Not an issue if you never use the map window I guess...

The pic is deceiving.......the map pocket is on top of the gray stripe. There is no interference as the map rests on top of it.