'New' V11 LeMans

cola

A dealer near to me has a pre-registered (2005 registration) but unused V11 LeMans. The bike itself is an '02 or earlier model (crackle finish / matt black block, pad on the tank).

It has only 4 miles on the clock, but would only come with 6 months warranty. It's stickered at £5995.

Now that's the cost of an immaculate used Corsa or even a Tenni so it seems a bit too much - but is it worth haggling on? For this price there are year old Breva's and Griso's which have

What do you think?

well, engine paint will fall off, and the gearbox sprng will break sometime.

But drive it a year and it's not new anymore, just as the griso and breva. The griso breva will be worth more then. If you can have a griso/breva 1100 for same price I wouldn't think long, get them, not the v11. I take a griso

I know a guy here in Ohio that I believe still has a red frame green v11 thats brand new never sold. He also has a brand new never titled Quota as well. I believe he still wants full msrp!

Does anyone think buying a v11 & letting it sit as new would be a good investment in 20 years? I wont bother to ask the same question of the Quota! :whistle:

well if I see what new unused le mans 850 brings now, I think with money devaluation over years, there are better investments. I know people who doubled their money with selling the house in 6 years. And 20 years won't be long enough. My daytona is 14 years now, in another 6 she is 20. When then someone offers a new daytona, I don't think it will get msrp. But you never know.

Don't buy that one, buy mine instead. All Red Ballabio (I had the black bits all resprayed red), registered in May 06 so it's one of the last UK bikes, garaged, 3000 miles, with Guzzi Titanium cans, proper relays that work and a black front guard extender to keep the crud off the engine...and it's in Stirling. Yours for a lot less than £6k, and it does not have the "paint will flake at some stage" crinkle finish.

Pm me if you interested or reply with a contact e-mail address or phone number.

Cheers,

Mark

A dealer near to me has a pre-registered (2005 registration) but unused V11 LeMans. The bike itself is an '02 or earlier model (crackle finish / matt black block, pad on the tank).

It has only 4 miles on the clock, but would only come with 6 months warranty. It's stickered at £5995.

Now that's the cost of an immaculate used Corsa or even a Tenni so it seems a bit too much - but is it worth haggling on? For this price there are year old Breva's and Griso's which have

What do you think?

I think I know of the bikes and dealer your talking about. If I remmember correctly he has several and wont negotiate on the price as I asked him a couple of months ago. Personally don't think its worth spending that money on an 'old' bike.