Head Bolt Torque Instructions

Guest rosso mandello

Guest rosso mandello

I feel good theese days.

I got 11:1 pistons from Fast By Ferraci, and now a wery skilled race mekanic is installing them along with an complete port job. He claims, that the Guzzi engine is wery poorly assembled, leaving lot of oppertunity for extra power by making all perfect. I do not understand all he explained me, but the cylinders did not have the same lengt (he milled about 1 millimeter of the cylinderheads, further increasing the compression to about around 12:1. The heads were also not exatly matched, and there was a lot to be done there.

He states, that the dual spark plug is a good idea, but that will have to wait.

We expect to get around 10 - 15 HP form this mod, real life and a dyno will se, if we are right.

He does not expect to have pinging problems, remember that we have acces to 98 - 100 octane.

my question is, how much is the head torque, can you help me here

Mogens.

I feel good theese days.

I got 11:1 pistons from Fast By Ferraci, and now a wery skilled race mekanic is installing them along with an complete port job. He claims, that the Guzzi engine is wery poorly assembled, leaving lot of oppertunity for extra power by making all perfect. I do not understand all he explained me, but the cylinders did not have the same lengt (he milled about 1 millimeter of the cylinderheads, further increasing the compression to about around 12:1. The heads were also not exatly matched, and there was a lot to be done there.

He states, that the dual spark plug is a good idea, but that will have to wait.

We expect to get around 10 - 15 HP form this mod, real life and a dyno will se, if we are right.

He does not expect to have pinging problems, remember that we have acces to 98 - 100 octane.

my question is, how much is the head torque, can you help me here

Mogens.

Hey there, just torqued my cyl. heads and adjusted the valves. You're right, it's a great forum :) . You may want to check this link from this forum as well:

http://www.geocities.com/motoguzzi1064/Guz...alvesTorque.htm

there are detailed instructions with pics, and torque values.

Post the results if you do a dyno run with the new pistons.

Guest rosso mandello
Hey there, just torqued my cyl. heads and adjusted the valves. You're right, it's a great forum :) . You may want to check this link from this forum as well:

http://www.geocities.com/motoguzzi1064/Guz...alvesTorque.htm

there are detailed instructions with pics, and torque values.

Post the results if you do a dyno run with the new pistons.

A minor set back today. The valves were not up to standard, they had a 0.14 mm slack, and I have to fit in new ones. That is a big dissapointment for me, 33.000 km, always warmed up nicely and then run hard. Have anyone of you had the same expirience.

If i get resusults on the dyno, i will try to post them, Mogens.

A minor set back today. The valves were not up to standard, they had a 0.14 mm slack, and I have to fit in new ones. That is a big dissapointment for me, 33.000 km, always warmed up nicely and then run hard. Have anyone of you had the same expirience.

You may know already, but in case you don't, there is a thread set up just for posting dyno's.

The valves on my wifes V11 were toast at 35,000 miles. The problem seemed to be from a poor fit in the valve guides, but it's hard to tell after the damage is done.

The valves on my wifes V11 were toast at 35,000 miles. The problem seemed to be from a poor fit in the valve guides, but it's hard to tell after the damage is done.

My Norton's valves sometimes stuck in the guides when it got really hot, but I'm curious about how you think the poor fit caused the valve problem. 35,000 miles is a lot of miles for valves to last if there is a problem with the guides.