how to, finally, grease the uni joints.

morini

I used lots and lots of heat plus ultraviolence and got one of them out. The other one wouldn't move at all regardless of how much I heated it. The variuos blind pullers I tried couldn't hold enough. I ended up cutting it to pieces with a dremel. Several others have reported the same. Apparently they did not mask the bearing surface when painting the swing arm. The tricky part about dremelling is to avoid cutting the swing arm itself, it's harder than it sounds.

Then again, with a really good blind puller for that exact dimension, a Chech beer and patience and you'll be fine. Good luck!

Ahhh... I reckon 30203a means taper rollers... I'll come back to this post in a few years.

God, I love that Jackal! :D

Ahhh... I reckon 30203a means taper rollers... I'll come back to this post in a few years.

God, I love that Jackal! :D

:homer: we wish we had them! Is there any reason to use ball bearings in a swing arm?

• 4 months later...

I know this subject has been flogged to death already but i had to post my 2 cents after reading all the pre'vious posts on greasing the front U joint of which some seemed almost a form of torture for what was being achived,will post pic of grease gun later.

I did a combination of the 160 degree piv'oting head on the grease gun from Ace Harware,there are pics in other posts on this subject,also ground down the tip a little,be carefull here overdid the fist one,then made sure the rear U joint grease nipple was pointing down to the ground,not the one on the shaft the one in the U joint itself,this also makes getting at that one easier to.

Next is the tricky bit getting the end of the gun on the front nipple,i positioned myself sitting on the ground facing to the rear,stand the gun on the ground between your legs and feed the end of the guns flex hose,only the last 8"is solid,and with both your hands situate the end of the grease gun on the nipple,this is a bit of a pain,took me about 4 or 5 mins of dinking around and "Wallah",nothing to remove from the bike"IE"rear mud guard,shaft,wheel, "BlahBlah".

The hardest part if anything is getting the bloody thing off the nipple,i ended up useing a long screw driver and a small hammer and gently tapped it off,this would seem to me to be a little less work which i'm a big fan of when it comes to bike main'tenance,has anyone ever tried to drill an ac'cess hole in the cover over that end of the shaft?

Hope this helps for anyone else wanting to make this chore a little easier to do,need some info on paint for a 2002 V11 Le Mans,i think they call it Champagne Silver,does anyone know where to get touch up paint,thanks in advance.

Stu.

• Like 1