No sport bike in Guzzi range marketing director says

1100sport

The whining is all related to the new gear train at the front that drives the dummy shaft and oil pump. It may quieten with time, I don't think so as I believe the gears are straight cut, I haven't bothered confirming that though. I also have a? How would I describe it? A knock, at idle. My feeling is that a LOT of this is due to backlash in the gears, (SAme way the clutch intermediate plate would rattle or ring with the uneven power pulses of the 90* twin when the lever was pulled in.) I'm sure it can be minimised by careful ballancing of the TB's but I'll be buggered if I'm going to bother doing that yet. I'll wait until its done at least 1500Km before I even think about it.

Have you wound yours out a bit yet? The fueling on mine low down is fantastic! From 2000 you can whack open the throttle in every gear and it just surges forward. The 1100 was nice, but this is so much NICER :grin: When it gets to about 5800 something really quite extraordinary, (For a Guzzi!) happens. Try it in third. Ride it up to there with the throttle WFO. Even with only 400 Km on mine its really VERY silly :wub:

I'll finish the 'Run In' this weekend, do the first service Monday and then I think I'll go huntin' next week. I've already torched one git on a GS11 away from the lights in Canberra but it'll be the twisties where I plan to do a bit or ritual humiliation. I could humble them on the 1100, (And as I've oft said, I'm a crap rider.) with this thing I should be able to render them into pools or blubber. It really is that good as a ROAD, (Or ROGUE!) bike. :sun:

Pete

Yeh the lunge at higher revs caused a :o when it first took me by surprise. I find it hunts a little when maintaining low revs, up to about 3,500. Not snatchy, but not dead smooth. The surge from low revs is not as aggressive as I might have expected, but I'll test that again this weekend. ;) I think the effect seems a bit soft because it's all pretty easy, there's no big deal about winding on speed and the ride and the noise are civilised. My V.11 puts out a lot more noise ('cos I want it to) when it does (used to do) the same sort of stuff. The other thing is that engine braking is nowhere near as noticeable / effective as I thought it would be. Perhaps that's 'a good thing'. It may be because of that stepper motor effect that's been discussed elsewhere.

All in all, very engaging, as a MG twin should be.

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There might be a non-Guzzi source for MGS body parts. Gyles and Guzzbun had molds of the MGS bodywork made and popped out a new set before they entered Guzzbun's MGS-01 in the Thunderbike series. Guzzbun said now that the molds are done fiberglass reproductions can be made, possibly for $1200.

The thread is here: http://www.v11lemans.com/forums/index.php?...c=12978&hl=

Guzzi bun hasn't got back to me on a price for MGS body work and as previously pointed out in other threads the MGS is a lot shorter than the current and former crop of Guzzi "sport" bikes so it would be quiet diffcult to get it to look right.