No sport bike in Guzzi range marketing director says

1100sport

There are at least 3 street legal MGS01s in the UK- my local dealer has one. Think he said he wanted about grand over the usual (high) list price.

Cheers

Guy

The one here sold for about £15,000 I think. Then they're putting lights on it.

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest drknow
The one here sold for about £15,000 I think. Then they're putting lights on it.

That makes my heart hurt. If that bike was available here for the equivalent, I'd be going to the bank!!

That makes my heart hurt. If that bike was available here for the equivalent, I'd be going to the bank!!

At today's exchange rate, that's $30,000 plus change. Shipping it to the U.S. would be a pittance compared to the purchase price. Go for it! :thumbsup:

Guest drknow
At today's exchange rate, that's $30,000 plus change. Shipping it to the U.S. would be a pittance compared to the purchase price. Go for it! :thumbsup:

You're right, I was thinking Euros, not British pounds. At right under $20k as a streetbike, I'd probably bite the bullet, at $30k, nope...

dk

I've now accepted the fact there is unlikely to ever be another Guzzi sports bike- I don't think even the new 8V motor will lend itself to a supersports bike, unless maybe they could get the weight down to about 170kgs fuelled up and make something simliar to a Buell XB12R.

If you want fast and light, buy a non-Guzzi.

Guest drknow
I've now accepted the fact there is unlikely to ever be another Guzzi sports bike- I don't think even the new 8V motor will lend itself to a supersports bike, unless maybe they could get the weight down to about 170kgs fuelled up and make something simliar to a Buell XB12R.

Yeah, I hear ya. However, what I'd be happy with isn't ultra-fast and ultra-light, rather just something on par with the BMW R1200S, and that's a bike that Guzzi can build from the parts bin. Re-engineer the MGS-01 chassis for mass production or just come up with a lighter frame and drive than the griso setup, and use the new 8v. Done.

470 lbs, 110 hp at the wheel.

I'd be happy.

dk

he means production street of the MGS-01 that thing would cost an assload, pardon my dutch. Its strange why that never materialized it would have made a great statement for guzzi I may have gotten one over the RSVR if it was a less special parts production for 15K 6 years ago when it was being developed or was that 7 years?

Exactly my feelings, I know the road to Germany with 31000 Euros in the pocket,

but I would prefer that Guzzi offered the bike.

Sorry for my shouting!!!!!!!!!

Yeah, I hear ya. However, what I'd be happy with isn't ultra-fast and ultra-light, rather just something on par with the BMW R1200S, and that's a bike that Guzzi can build from the parts bin. Re-engineer the MGS-01 chassis for mass production or just come up with a lighter frame and drive than the griso setup, and use the new 8v. Done.

470 lbs, 110 hp at the wheel.

I'd be happy.

dk

When I first stared seeing pics of the MGS-01.WOW!!!!!!! I thought this was the MESSIAH ! Then......any man who was lucky enough to get one and make it streetable I will envy him for all time. Will MG ever puyt a bike like this back on the showroom, who knows?

Another? What were the ones to begin with. I think Guzzi has made the same kinds of bikes it always has. It's everybody else that has changed.

Don't get me wrong, I would love to see Guzzi make a street version of the MGS 01. It would make a nice update to the Daytona line. But supersport bike it's not. I would be happy with a 4v Griso 1200 with a lighter rear suspension setup. I think the Griso chassis is just as good as the MGS 01, it just needs a lighter swing arm setup.

Guest drknow
How 'bout an 8v Griso with the swingarm and rear drive from an MGS grafted on.

That CARC sure looks heavy!

Rather have an MGS-01 with the new 8V motor transplanted in and lights added...

dk

Rather have an MGS-01 with the new 8V motor transplanted in and lights added...

dk

I'd take an MGS-01 with ANY motor in it...

Give it to me with the 940 Bellagio motor. Call it the "950 LeMans". I don't really care. It's the chassis that I'm lusting after.

Another? What were the ones to begin with. I think Guzzi has made the same kinds of bikes it always has. It's everybody else that has changed.

Don't get me wrong, I would love to see Guzzi make a street version of the MGS 01. It would make a nice update to the Daytona line. But supersport bike it's not. I would be happy with a 4v Griso 1200 with a lighter rear suspension setup. I think the Griso chassis is just as good as the MGS 01, it just needs a lighter swing arm setup.

Another sports bike? Buy a book on the company's history- for many years Guzzi were making cutting edge and innovative sports bikes and racers, which in their day were comparitively fast. Mario Columbo's 80 Years Of Moto Guzzi has some excellent info and pictures.

Sorry, not trying to piss you off. But Guzzi hasn't been a force in racing since the 50's. And the fast racebikes they used to build their rep were mostly factory specials that they did not sell to the public. The bikes they do sell have been much the same since 1970, The most sporting models have been at best GT bikes in my opinion.

Sorry, not trying to piss you off. But Guzzi hasn't been a force in racing since the 50's. And the fast racebikes they used to build their rep were mostly factory specials that they did not sell to the public. The bikes they do sell have been much the same since 1970, The most sporting models have been at best GT bikes in my opinion.

My Favourite Guzzi "GT bike":

266850692_KbkD6-M.jpg

266850711_nro6J-L.jpg

;)