RIDING ITALY

Remo

• 4 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Lucky Phil said:

Global warming!

Ciao

We could use some global drying here in Raintown USA. Something like 34 days straight. Had three days of sun, but it just could not stand it and began raining again. 

• Haha 2

But I sneaked out and put a few miles on the Ballabio today! I think the engine is breaking in/loosening up, as the idle RPM has risen to 1400 or so. Gotta look in the manual and see how to lower it.

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, po18guy said:

But I sneaked out and put a few miles on the Ballabio today! I think the engine is breaking in/loosening up, as the idle RPM has risen to 1400 or so. Gotta look in the manual and see how to lower it.

A high idle on a V11 is vastly better than a low one.  V11 idle adjustment is "Step 6" . . .

• Thanks 2

I'd kiss you but, well, you know...

Now, I have to adjust the throttle cable slack, as it won't allow the throttle body to close sufficiently. Easy enough.

• 2 months later...

How are you dear friends? 

Here a disaster and one problem after another.

We hope for a better world and fewer idiots around.
I recommend social distancing and appropriate health protection.
Take care!

0300111b.jpg

• Like 5

It's a disaster around here, too, Remo. Our local county has 40 deaths from the virus so far. :o To say the US was woefully unprepared is an understatement.

Take care of yourself, and best of luck..

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Remo said:

How are you dear friends? 

0300111b.jpg

Thanks, Remo! I have so appreciated your sharing "Riding Italy" with us!  And your determination to get your V11 out in all conditions.

Best to you, Sir!  :mg:   :thumbsup:    :bier:

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/30/2019 at 1:24 PM, Pressureangle said:

Remo,

I'm planning a riding trip to Italy/Europe someday in the... future. 

What's the requirement for bringing my own motorcycle into Italy? Registration, insurance, etc.? Or is it so much a problem I should rent or purchase there?

FYI....This is a great place to rent a bike in Rome..Francesco the owner also has several drop off /pick- up locations around Italy so usually I fly into Rome..get a bike and ride up north to the Alps and later drop it in the North, or from Rome ride down south to Sicily and drop the bike there. He also gives tours all over Italy if you like..usually I just get a bike with a GPS and  just take off on my own plan. I have found his prices extremely reasonable and he is very helpful by cell phone if you have any problems or questions while on the road..they have seveal packages you can see on their website..I'm not connected to them in any way other than  have gotten great service there so just passing it on!

Riccardo runs the Rome office"His claim to fame is being a Moto Guzzi rider and having been the President of the Italian Motorcyclist Coordination movement for 20 years. Riccardo will look after you when you reach our Rome office and solve any kind of issue you may have during your rental." 

http://www.cimt.it/aboutus.htm

ciao!

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

• 2 years later...

Hi guys! How are you?

Things have definitely improved but not everything, as we can see.

My Guzzis, driven by the V11, are doing great and are always growing in Number 🙂 ...

The V11 Scura, after about 85,000km, begins to show some ailments but nothing irreparable. As soon as I can, I change the gear clip, restore the front fork and replace a front disc (which has gotten into play...)... In the meantime I've found another girlfriend, a redheaded milf 😅 that a friend wanted to give me with only 57,000km.

The coming season will see me circulating with many Moto Guzzis, one more beautiful than the other, always hoping to meet along the way!

compressed_1674439971244.jpg

compressed_1674441538756.jpg

• Like 6
  • Haha 1