Con rod bolts

badmotogoozer

Pretty sure our treasured Aussie friend, @pete roper , has this expertise. I'm not certain, but I think Bungendore is in the future. As in, it's tomorrow there when it's today here. In the meantime, we can kick this around on this side of the Date Line . . .

Welcome to the best place in the world for the care & feeding of your 2001 V11 Sport, Brivmora!  :thumbsup:  :mg:

• Like 1

Thanks. I compared the pistons and the Griso piston and its is 6mm shorter than my V11 Sort piston. The rod length must be different since the cylinder deck height is the same. Not sure where to source a pair of rods. Bore and stroke is stated as 92/80mm on both engines.

23 minutes ago, Brivmora said:

Thanks. I compared the pistons and the Griso piston and its is 6mm shorter than my V11 Sort piston. The rod length must be different since the cylinder deck height is the same. Not sure where to source a pair of rods. Bore and stroke is stated as 92/80mm on both engines.

When you say the piston is "shorter" do you mean the compression height of the piston? I'd be surprised if the Griso has longer rods than a V11. 

Ciao 

Yes, the compression height is shorter. If I can find the dimensions on the Griso rod I could compare to my V11 Sport rod. The compression ratio would be way off if I installed them as is in the V11 engine. Maybe the crank is different?

4 hours ago, Brivmora said:

Yes, the compression height is shorter. If I can find the dimensions on the Griso rod I could compare to my V11 Sport rod. The compression ratio would be way off if I installed them as is in the V11 engine. Maybe the crank is different?

Ok surprising. You can always count on Guzzi to throw you a curve ball. If the stroke and cylinder height is the same as the V11 then it has to be the rods that are longer.

Ciao

9 hours ago, Lucky Phil said:

Ok surprising. You can always count on Guzzi to throw you a curve ball. If the stroke and cylinder height is the same as the V11 then it has to be the rods that are longer.

Ciao

"Gambalunga!"

On 12/26/2020 at 8:51 AM, Brivmora said:

Does anyone know if a piston/cylinder set from a V1100 Griso 2 valve engine will work in V11 Sport engine? 

Are you sure you want to do this ? 

Unless someone else has done it successfully , IDK if I would go there .

• Like 1