Fabing a QD tail Trunk on a 1100 sport

nortonduke

Brilliant mounting, thanks for sharing! I've thought about getting a spare seat and mount a top box to it but that wouldn't be a secure enough mount.

Initially I thought about the doing the spare seat base mount, but it is I was sure it wouldn't hold up to the wind/vibration/weight of a trunk.

Someone on wildguzzi mentioned that I should seal the gap between the bodywork and the trunk in case of rain?

is there anything in the tail area of a 1997 sportI that should not get wet? Perhaps the relays?

I am heading out on a 2400 mile loop through the Ozarks next week and it looks like I am going to be riding in a lot of rain.

Initially I thought about the doing the spare seat base mount, but it is I was sure it wouldn't hold up to the wind/vibration/weight of a trunk.

Someone on wildguzzi mentioned that I should seal the gap between the bodywork and the trunk in case of rain?

is there anything in the tail area of a 1997 sportI that should not get wet? Perhaps the relays?

I am heading out on a 2400 mile loop through the Ozarks next week and it looks like I am going to be riding in a lot of rain.

The relays and the fuses (in both cases actually their spade connectors and the sockets for them) will have problems with rain. Maybe you could produce some kind of skirt on the trunk that just ensures that water pouring down the trunk end up on the outside of the tail section, not the inside. I suspect the problem will be worse when NOT riding but just having the bike standing in rain.