v11 sport- 1200s comparison

dlapierre

... I sad realy rasy testing, because I rode it at the Metzelers event on Isle of Man, 3 laps around the famous TT-corse.

No speed limits in the mountainroads and guided by the IOM legend Helmuth Dänhe and a bunch of journalist from bikemags in euorpe, ...post-46-1210960220_thumb.jpg

Awesome! More pics please.

Hej-

I have gone this way, California SS -02 too V11 LeMans -02 and now for a year 1200 Norge -07.

The best one is the last one, in every aspect, and I did last weekend a realy racy test on a 1200 Sport wich is just funnier then my own Norge, probably because of better tyres and the lower weight.

I sad realy rasy testing, because I rode it at the Metzelers event on Isle of Man, 3 laps around the famous TT-corse.

No speed limits in the mountainroads and guided by the IOM legend Helmuth Dänhe and a bunch of journalist from bikemags in euorpe, I can tell the speed on my 1200 S was max out at 135 miles/h about 220 km/h along the downhill strait. In this type of riding the pos of handelbars are absolut right but now then I´m back home on restricted roads again the higher handelbars on my Norge are more comfy but not as sporty and fun.

I´m not an ex bike racer as most of the journalist were but I did, if a can tell my self, a good job on the 1200 S and hold the pace right close to them on the groupride but I had to maxout the 1200 S engine.

You can see one of my own pics here and I will post the official pics the phototeam tooked at me while riding then I get them. IMGP3756.JPG

Say, how was the turbolence at that speed?

How was the handling?

Have you have got to work in the corners with the 1200 sport? Or was it on rails?

How was it out the corners?

Hou do you have found the torque?

cheers Antonio

Say, how was the turbolence at that speed?

How was the handling?

Have you have got to work in the corners with the 1200 sport? Or was it on rails?

How was it out the corners?

Hou do you have found the torque?

cheers Antonio

Turbolence? I did not notice any, I just concentrade on holding the rearwheel of the guy in front of me:o I think that small flyscren is doing better when I´t looks to do.

The handling was very stabel, the other guys, not riding Guzzi, complaint about rough roads and shaky rides, but the 1200 S just soak up every bumps.

The corners and curves on the TT-course are open and just a few are thight, only one hairpin, so the 1200 S handling was perfekt. On the straights the Sport was on rails, just what you want in high speeds.

The torgue, or overall engine performans was just on the edge, I mean there could be some more power, I was most of the time on the 4 och 5 gear and rev 5 - 8 (revlimiter), gear 6 only on a few straigts.

More pics on me riding the Sport will come, soon I hope from the team on place on IOM.