low RPM vibration

Lupo

I can't believe I'm the only one who has tried to chase this down. I have a new to me Ballabio and all has been put ship shape except an annoying resonating vibration from around the tank or shield area. It's only at low in town speeds but as I said, is annoying. I've re-mounted the shield w/ rubber washers and no change. Next is to pull the tank and isolate all the hoses etc. but I'm wondering, is this a trait from say the shield bracket or something or will I eventually find the source of the noise and be able to stop it. Anybody else dealt with this?

I can't believe I'm the only one who has tried to chase this down. I have a new to me Ballabio and all has been put ship shape except an annoying resonating vibration from around the tank or shield area. It's only at low in town speeds but as I said, is annoying. I've re-mounted the shield w/ rubber washers and no change. Next is to pull the tank and isolate all the hoses etc. but I'm wondering, is this a trait from say the shield bracket or something or will I eventually find the source of the noise and be able to stop it. Anybody else dealt with this?

Headers or other exhaust components? Heat shield(s) coming unglued from underneath the tank?

Lugging the engine? What I'm trying to explain is, town or city type riding such as light to light or in traffic. While going through the gears I have a buzzing somewhere around the small windscreen area or maybe the frame head covers but can't seem to pinpoint it. I'm wondering if anybody else with a Ballabio has the same buzz or do I need to keep looking. I'm thinking the shield may just resonate and thats what they do. I don't know. I've ridden Guzzi's a long time and it's not an issue of riding it like a Harley. At speed it purrs but the police around Arizona make me go the same speeds as everyone else. I've experienced the same thing ( buzzing ) with metal tanks and isolated the tank from the frame with success but this is a plastic tank. Also what makes it different then past problems like that with a tank was they changed according to the fuel level and this hasn't. As I said, it's just an annoyance I would like to get rid of.

On OBNDs post ( boy I'm slow at typing ): I re-glued the blanket and the headers are tight, even the cross over.

Thanks to both of you, I'll keep hunting. Crap, I got something to do besides my life long quest of hunting and killing house ants.

Lugging the engine? What I'm trying to explain is, town or city type riding such as light to light or in traffic. While going through the gears I have a buzzing somewhere around the small windscreen area or maybe the frame head covers but can't seem to pinpoint it. I'm wondering if anybody else with a Ballabio has the same buzz or do I need to keep looking. I'm thinking the shield may just resonate and thats what they do. I don't know. I've ridden Guzzi's a long time and it's not an issue of riding it like a Harley. At speed it purrs but the police around Arizona make me go the same speeds as everyone else. I've experienced the same thing ( buzzing ) with metal tanks and isolated the tank from the frame with success but this is a plastic tank. Also what makes it different then past problems like that with a tank was they changed according to the fuel level and this hasn't. As I said, it's just an annoyance I would like to get rid of.

On OBNDs post ( boy I'm slow at typing ): I re-glued the blanket and the headers are tight, even the cross over.

Thanks to both of you, I'll keep hunting. Crap, I got something to do besides my life long quest of hunting and killing house ants.

A lot of us have had the same thing...I solved it by placing small pieces of rubber between the fairing and the headlight ring. See the topic here: http://www.v11lemans.com/forums/index.php?...&hl=fairing

Randy

Awesome! I didn't want to think the Guzzi Gods were picking on just me. I know Mike and Janice, great people though I haven't seen them in a couple of years...hmmm. I did look at the space at the ring but thought ,nah. First thing tomorrow I'll get at it and post here if ( which sounds right ) it goes away. What drives me nuts is the bike does it only while moving so I couldn't hold the throttle and touch stuff to find it. Thanks, Larry

Those vibrations can be tough to find. I was about to tear apart my timing chest thinking my vibration (like you at only one rpm and only heard riding, usually on decel) could only be coming from there. Went through the entire front end and found nothing. Over the weekend I saw a tiny little scuff hidden up on top of my chin spoiler. There's the vibe!

Happy hunting!