mgnoc

How many are members of MGNOC ? It's not large , but you get a newsletter and membership list. The same quality people as this group comprised of people who can change their own oil,etc......

p.s. I understand there is a MGIOC(sp) honk if you are a member there also!

• 1 month later...
How many are members of MGNOC ? It's not large , but you get a newsletter and membership list. The same quality people as this group comprised of people who can change their own oil,etc......

p.s. I understand there is a MGIOC(sp) honk if you are a member there also!

I have been a member for about 17 years. Always good information but like with Guzzi in general it is an old guy club (includes me I guess). If I look at pictures from MGNOC events 18 years ago few people have gray hair, pictures now have almost all gray hair unless they shower with extra strength Grecian formula. Still some dedicated guys, many of which can field strip a Guzzi in about 14 minutes.

Old is a moving standard.I can remember when 51 was old. Now 71 is the "new" old!

I'm hoping the bright kids in recombinant DNA research can get the custom virus w/ the extra "EOF" markers to add to your DNA packaged & in production before I get too much older... Just think, a bad cold for a weekend & wa-BAM! another 50 iterations tacked onto the end of your cellular replication!

It's not immortality, but hey, it'll get us to the "I'm too demented to care anymore if I die" stage...

Another 50 years of riding your Guzzi might be almost enough to start wearing it out! ;)

I'vew been a lifetime member of MGNOC since 1986 when I bought a new Lario. Loved that bike. Wish there was a market for a mini LeMans today. I'd buy one.

Fred in Kansas

There is, it's just been filled by the Suzuki SV650! Hard to match water-cooled OHC 4v perf. with an A/C 2v pushrod motor. Why do you think so many of us have been chiding Guzzi for never releasing the Ipprogrifo they teased us with a dozen years ago... ;)

I'm hoping the bright kids in recombinant DNA research can get the custom virus w/ the extra "EOF" markers to add to your DNA packaged & in production before I get too much older... Just think, a bad cold for a weekend & wa-BAM! another 50 iterations tacked onto the end of your cellular replication!

It's not immortality, but hey, it'll get us to the "I'm too demented to care anymore if I die" stage...

Another 50 years of riding your Guzzi might be almost enough to start wearing it out! ;)

WTF ?

Are you a physicist (sp)? I had to get a dictionary to read your post. BTW, it was FUNNY!

WTF ?

Are you a physicist (sp)? I had to get a dictionary to read your post. BTW, it was FUNNY!

Thanks for the kind words! No, not a physicist, just a product of the CA public school systems before they outlawed corporal punishment... ;)

I understand completely. I took a 2 yr. spin at teaching auto technology at the Vocational School here in my county. I felt like Robert Oppenheimer in a mental institution. I graduated 120 out of 127 in 1974. It was the most eye opening event EVER. The students were plain unware and the leadership should have been executed. Any state behind Kentucky is in poor shape.

p.s. I think corporal punishment should be directed toward the administration.

I understand completely. I took a 2 yr. spin at teaching auto technology at the Vocational School here in my county. I felt like Robert Oppenheimer in a mental institution. I graduated 120 out of 127 in 1974. It was the most eye opening event EVER. The students were plain unware and the leadership should have been executed. Any state behind Kentucky is in poor shape.

p.s. I think corporal punishment should be directed toward the administration.

What do you think keeps military boarding schools in business? ;)

One of my favorite Zen stories tells about a master who came upon one of his students who had been set to ring the gong [using the old "count the # of inversions of the hourglass" method] who'd fallen asleep at his post. His used his cane to strike the student, and hit him so hard that he died. The parents were of course understandably upset at the news, and traveled a long way to come to the monastery and speak w/ the master. They apologized to him for sending him a student who was unprepared for the rigors of his teaching, and went home after collecting their son's effects.

The master went on to train an unparalleled number of new masters [ie, his disciples achieved "satori" in record numbers.]

:D