Memories of Galloway

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Welcome back Jaap, Nero corsa, isn't that what you have, besides the fairing? That you sold :-)

Yep, but my bike is already 7 years old and I think my physical condition is much better again, so I can ride with clipons again.

And sometimes you just have to treat yourself...

And sometimes you just have to treat yourself...

:thumbsup: There's a red Griso advertised for sale here. 6,000 miles. £3,500. A bargain?

You're right about the clip-ons though. I want to see what I can do about changing those Griso bars.

£3500 that is a bargain, where's it advertised? (Linda loves the Griso)

I downloaded the Robert Dunlop tribute for you BFG, just need to copy to DVD

£3500 that is a bargain, where's it advertised? (Linda loves the Griso)

I downloaded the Robert Dunlop tribute for you BFG, just need to copy to DVD

Thanks very much for that! If you can copy it at some stage, then p.m. me.

It was advertised in Northern Ireland last week. Don't know a more precise location as it was a mobile number. I'll look for it tonight.

And greetings from Denmark ;)

Made it home yesterday evening after a stop for the night somewhere in France close to the Belgium border. Bike ran like a clock except for two blown starter fuses (one at the toll booth at the tunnel and the other one on the ferrycrossing from Germany to Denmark). My cheeks were sore but I'm feeling good today. :sun:

Had a bad experience though.....

I had a chat with two Brits on the train from Dover to Calais. One was riding a brand new Guzzi California and the other one was on a Kawa Something which had been customised into an Indian Big Chief. They were on their way to Mandello for a 10 day trip around Bella Italia but were also planning to make a stop for the night. I asked them if I could join them which was okay.

When we left the tunnel at Calais Big Chief was leading with me and Cali-man on his tail. After a couple of kms I lost Cali-Man in my rearview mirrors so Chief and I pulled over on the shoulder and waited. And waited. And waited some more.

Chief took off to see if he could find him leaving me on the spot. After half an hour I decided that they had probably come up with another idea and left me astray. Sod them, I thought, I move on. I found a hotel and stopped for the night. After having shat, shaved and showered I went to the hotel bar for a night cap. Two other British motorcyclists were sitting there so we had a little chitchat about this and that. When I told them about Cali-Man and Chief they said that Cali-Man had a major crash! Turned out that he was rear-ended by a car driver! There were police cars and ambulances on the spot they said...

Suffice to say I felt like a complete arse. I guess I couldn't have made any difference but I felt bloody guilty not having turned around looking for them. I don't know which state Cali-Man is in but maybe someone on the British MG Forum can come with an update?

Beside that I thoroughly enjoyed the rally. Good people, good food, fantastic scenery and excellent beer. What more can you ask for? :bier:

A big thanks to Guy and Helen for organising and also high five to you two and Martin Barret for all the help on my way to Scotland. I thank you all from the buttom of my black Scura heart :ph34r: And also thanks to Ballabio Bertie, my roomie, for another fine weekend. Do I hear wedding bells in the far distance?? :wub::D

I've also got a few shots but cannot find the ^&&%#" cable for the computer. Have to wait till my laddies come home. And oh, the remote controlled farting machine made me some new 'friends' at work today..... :lol:

Arse!

Søren

Terrific pics !!! Manowar!!! I haven't seen a Manowar t-shirt for many a year! HAHAHA Blow yur speakers and all that! :D

Seems like you all had a terrific time and I'm glad you all made it back safe!

We have immortalised the event here, seeing as a couple of our chaps went along :D

http://guzzista.wetpaint.com/page/V11+Le+Mans+meet+2008

...did anyone else have an adventure getting there... like Haydn?

tee hee

Just there for the Friday night and quite nervous of meeting so many folk I have read over the last couple of years - needn't have worried. Top people all of you and so many superb bikes. Really good to meet you all and particularly to meet the man who brought the V11 community together. :bier:

Aside from the highlights already mentioned I would particularly like to mention following Guy's masterclass as he led from Ken Bridge to Crocketford on a quiet country road that was a mixture of wet and dry. His excellent positioning and control making following a pleasure and a beautiful evocative sound on that fantastic road. Thanks mate ;)

Just there for the Friday night and quite nervous of meeting so many folk I have read over the last couple of years - needn't have worried. Top people all of you and so many superb bikes. Really good to meet you all and particularly to meet the man who brought the V11 community together. :bier:

Aside from the highlights already mentioned I would particularly like to mention following Guy's masterclass as he led from Ken Bridge to Crocketford on a quiet country road that was a mixture of wet and dry. His excellent positioning and control making following a pleasure and a beautiful evocative sound on that fantastic road. Thanks mate ;)

Glad you made it John- and it was nice to see a Rosso Corsa in the same lovely state as Guzzi intended!

Masterclass? That's not the word the traffic cops normally use to describe my riding.... :D

Must be a typing error "following Guy master...." something " as he led from Ken Bridge" . Now that would be impressive riding :lol:

I'm slooow at the best of times, but receiving expert tuition in slowness and no sense of direction from my riding companions of late so I'm half glad I wasnt with you chaps for the run on Saturday.