how to fool ECU?

• 1 year later...

So, I have installed Dynojet and put there more fuel in low and high revs (on track, under full gas around 5000RPM the engine was just like 2stroke). Signaficantlly it has improved! No time for custom map yet but no cranking, no sputtering, no backfire. Even sparks have now the right color smile.gif

so Halelůja! One problem down, many more to go smile.gif

I'm having the same problem with a set of modified mufflers. I had a trusted Guzzi mechanic adjust the EFI balance and set the TPS but he said the "trim" at idle would not go any richer. I have a terrible hick-up and stumble at idle and anytime I have rolled off the throttle and try to pick the throttle back up it stumbles. Will a Dynojet fix this or is a remapping in order?

Honestly I would say run through it with Docc's "decent tune up" listed in the how-to subforum.

With a stock setup and even modified exhaust it should run real close to good.

You have stock air box? Checked sensors?

• Like 1

Guzzidude- Im over in Clearwater and will be glad to help.  Just playin it back as czakky was so helpful, before he moved to the Arctic!  When I bought my '02LM my bike had very similar symptoms.  We ended up settings the valves @.006I/.008E, made a minor adjustment to the TPI, balanced the throttle bodies and WOW, world of difference.  You might also give your throttle bodies a good cleaning, we could not believe the varnish and crap that came out of mine with just 3,000 miles on the bike! Dont waste your money on a Dynojet and I really dont think re-mapping is necessary with stock/modified cans.  I am running, Stucchi cross-over (thanks Ken), Mistral carbon cans with stock mapping, K&N filter and no problems.  Once you get the valves adjusted and T/B's balanced you should be good to go.   

Feel free to send a pm and I will provide my phone number if that will help.

Jerry

• Like 2

Yeah, guzzidude, you're in good company!

Here's the link to the "Decent Tune-Up":

http://www.v11lemans.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=19610

This is likely to set you on the right track with out changing any programming.

Post your results in a new thread in "Technical Topics" if you like and you can get a lot of good feedback and guidance there.