Valley Yamaha, Chilliwack BC

dlapierre

This is as much a compliment to the folks at Valley Yamaha as it is a surprise to me that my bike needed no adjustments.

I stopped into their shop en route home from Vancouver BC to get the bike checked over, mostly to get the tps, etc. adjusted. At a shop rate of $80/hr, I was prepared to spend a few bucks.

I bought the bike, an early 03' V11 Sport, completely stock, with 6,000 miles. It just turned 14,000. Aside from adjusting the valves and changing the fluids, a brake shoe and tires, I've done nothing to the bike. I thought that by now, I should have a competent mechanic give it a look.

It took all of 30 minutes for the 33 year veteran mechanic, I never got his name, to check the engine, using his Axone (pp?) gizmo and embarass me with reminders about tiny things, like lubing my kickstand and levers I have been apparently overlooking, all of which he checked while I stood there getting a full lesson on just exactly what it was he was doing with his high tech instruments.

The bike needed nothing: no adjustments, nothing. That satifying knowledge cost me 0.6 of an hour.

I left happy.

• 10 months later...
This is as much a compliment to the folks at Valley Yamaha as it is a surprise to me that my bike needed no adjustments.

I stopped into their shop en route home from Vancouver BC to get the bike checked over, mostly to get the tps, etc. adjusted. At a shop rate of $80/hr, I was prepared to spend a few bucks.

I bought the bike, an early 03' V11 Sport, completely stock, with 6,000 miles. It just turned 14,000. Aside from adjusting the valves and changing the fluids, a brake shoe and tires, I've done nothing to the bike. I thought that by now, I should have a competent mechanic give it a look.

It took all of 30 minutes for the 33 year veteran mechanic, I never got his name, to check the engine, using his Axone (pp?) gizmo and embarass me with reminders about tiny things, like lubing my kickstand and levers I have been apparently overlooking, all of which he checked while I stood there getting a full lesson on just exactly what it was he was doing with his high tech instruments.

The bike needed nothing: no adjustments, nothing. That satifying knowledge cost me 0.6 of an hour.

I left happy.

That would be Gord in service. Great guy, the only guy I really trust to work on my bike.

I agree with Steve; Gord is A-1. I bring my bikes from Calgary to Valley ~900 kms, as i don't like or trust the dealers here. Besides, it gives me a chance to tour around Vancouver island...some great roads. That reminds me, I'll have to plan another trip out this summer.

I left happy.

Yep that would be me also,hav'nt had any work done there yet as such,but when i bought my V11 in North Van last year the chap i bought it from suggested i work with them as apposed to British Italian motorcycles,i droped in to see Gord on the way out after i purchased the bike and was impressed with him and as i'm up near Smithers there are not to many options where i am.

Any of you chaps going to come up this way on that trip thats going to Stewart up here in North central B.C. at the end of May,would love to get together with some fellow Guzzi riders and i've been to Stewart and Hyder many times over the years,can you say "Hyderized"190 proof hooch it's legal just dont' get close to any flame.

Stu.

• 2 years later...

I agree with Steve; Gord is A-1. I bring my bikes from Calgary to Valley ~900 kms, as i don't like or trust the dealers here. Besides, it gives me a chance to tour around Vancouver island...some great roads. That reminds me, I'll have to plan another trip out this summer.

Nothing but great things to say about Valley Yamaha Guzzi and both Gord in service and Gord in Sales/Parts. They are a throwback to when customer service WAS A PRODUCT. I bring my bike from Calgary and I have never been anything but impressed. They will have my business for as long as I'm riding Guzzi!!!

• 3 years later...

This is very good to know as I just picked up a 2003 Rosso Corsa as well. Not many options in Calgary that I'd care to frequent. Gives me a good reason to ride highway 20...again! Cheers Marty :mg:

• 2 weeks later...

the two Gords at Valley Moto have given me great service in the past couple of years that I have dealt with them. they originally sold my bike to the first owner I bought it from so they know the history of the machine. the first time I went there Gord in sales and parts stayed at least twenty minutes after closing explaining the intricacies of changing the oil, filter, sump gasket and other routine maintenance items. This shop has most parts in stock for my Ballabio which means no wait time for parts. I highly recommend this shop!

• 7 months later...

And if you stick around the shop long enough you are bound to run into some of the Stradavarious crowd

www.stradavarious.ca

BTW as Guzzijek points out the shop is now known as Valley Moto

• 4 weeks later...

I was in there the other day getting my shifter sorted out properly. I replaced the shift spring but couldn't get the bike to shift without getting false neutrals regularly. So I removed the cover and Gord at Valley Moto

Did the repair for me at a very reasonable cost. Its good to have a mechanic that knows these bikes close by. Once again, I highly recommend Valley Moto.

• Like 1