harpers outside oil filter

DeBenGuzzi

http://harpermotoguzzi.com/outsider.htm

OutsiderB.jpgOutsider-on-bike.jpg

would you still need a windage tray? this would bolt right up the a standard V11 correct? never have to worry about it unscrewin inside anymore or to have to drop the pan everytime you need an oil change(which is why I only change the actual filter ever other)

maybe if there is a decent oil filter cover that could be put on it'd be perfect. Might be something to look into here if I keep the old girl.

only like $370 I think, I've seen worse.

comments, suggestions?

http://harpermotoguzzi.com/outsider.htm

OutsiderB.jpgOutsider-on-bike.jpg

would you still need a windage tray? this would bolt right up the a standard V11 correct? never have to worry about it unscrewin inside anymore or to have to drop the pan everytime you need an oil change(which is why I only change the actual filter ever other)

maybe if there is a decent oil filter cover that could be put on it'd be perfect. Might be something to look into here if I keep the old girl.

only like $370 I think, I've seen worse.

comments, suggestions?

Yes. You'd still need a Roper plate if you don't want your oil sloshing.

Yes. It will bolt right up if you're willing to convert to a "narrow sump" and get rid of the OEM "broad sump".

Yes. You wouldn't have to worry about a loosened filter going unnoticed.

A Roper Plate and Hose Clamp are the solution I chose...

The shown 'Outsider' is specific to the Cali 1100 on models with the deeper sump. My guess is that using one of the outsiders for an earlier sump would be a better bet as it would lower the sump less.

Having said that either solution would require the aquisition of another sump and the outsider and while it might be possible to get the sump off fleabay the outsider is unlikely to be available second hand.

Using the 1100 'Deep Sump' may well give you ground clearance problems as well. If you look at the 'V'-sump the beveling of the edges aren't there for nothing, although it was designed for use with the Tonti frame rather than the spiney.

There may also be clearance problems with crossovers and the like on V11's.

I'm NOT trying to put people off the idea. I like the Harper's product a lot and have one on both my 'Vert and my SP but I would suggest caution before going hell for leather at it on a V11.

Pete.