Hagon Mono Shock?

Tracey

The rear shock on my "02" LeMans is blown. After doing some homework I've decided that a rebuild likely won't work. I also searched the vast knowlege on this web site and realize I can't afford the best...

Anyone have any experiance with the Hagon Mono Shock on a V11? I checked a few other web sites, I can find lots of info about other styles but not a V11.

The bike is mostly a daily commuter with a few long trips (1,000 mile+) per year. I never ride this bike two up and keep the bags light.

I called the US distributer today and he is checking into the topic. He has a part number for a V11 sport but not the LeMans. The swing arm is a little longer than the "01" sport isn't it?

Any info on the Hagon would help...

:mg:

swingarm is the same, so v11 sport will fit. No idea about quality

Hagon shocks are known in the UK for their good quality and performance and are considered by many as the smart alternative to the sexier brands like Ohilns etc...etc. as they are considerably less expensive. I have used both Hagon and Ohlins units in the past although on different bikes so don't have a direct comparison. For real world riding at real world speeds and real world cost hagon have a lot going for them!

Hagon shocks are known in the UK for their good quality and performance and are considered by many as the smart alternative to the sexier brands like Ohilns etc...etc. as they are considerably less expensive. I have used both Hagon and Ohlins units in the past although on different bikes so don't have a direct comparison. For real world riding at real world speeds and real world cost hagon have a lot going for them!

+1 :thumbsup:

I got an Ohlins but would have bought Hagon if not.

I recommend Hagon shocks, I have a pair of Nitros on the Bonneville. They are quality pieces and did what the IKON and factory shocks could not. I was looking at getting a shock but decided to refit the bike with the Hyperpro kit. Let us know how it turns out.

Dave

• 5 weeks later...

Up-Date

Placed the order for the Hagon mono shock on July 13, receieved and installed August 7.

Rode to work today, 70 miles round trip...

The Hagon shock is a major improvement over the blown Sachs. I think the origonal shock was tost when I got the bike because it feels like a different machine.

In my case, the configuration was a softer spring and more dampining than stock, no remote adjuster.

(200 lbs with luggage & rider, comfort ride quality :oldgit:)

Around $500...

The only negitive I can note:

Dampining adjuster screw is located on upper portion of shock making it nearly imposible to adjust with the stock air box in place.

Positives:

Much improved handeling and smother ride.

Quality workmanship

RED SPRING!!

Good instruction data

Small hand tools included

Easy install

Dave Quinn Motorcycles, They did what they said they would.

Converts...

You either love em or hate em. Definitly a labor of love to own one.

About a month ago mine was in a parade in a small town. A friend was riding Connie and I on my LeMans. He was much more comfortable than I was and the LeMans got pretty hot.

That old bike gets a lot of attention...

Converts...

You either love em or hate em. Definitly a labor of love to own one.

About a month ago mine was in a parade in a small town. A friend was riding Connie and I on my LeMans. He was much more comfortable than I was and the LeMans got pretty hot.

That old bike gets a lot of attention...

There's nothing wrong w/ a Connie that can't be cured by a radical weight loss program! ;)

Seriously, they're like scooters: how can you not like a bike that's twist'n'go? :thumbsup:

I thought I would relate my experiences with Hagon shocks, I had to replace the completely Knackered O/E shock on my Triumph Tiger, choices were 600GBP for the Triumph part or 25O GBP for the Hagon which has more adjustability is somewhat tailored to your size and type of riding. So a pretty easy decision, went with the Hagon which was supplied very quickly and was a good upgrade, shipped the bike to NZ, and when it was compliance tested the shock was found to be leaking, which isn't great but Hagon's customer service couldn't be faulted, new damper unit supplied and shipped to NZ (bear in mind purchased in UK) free of charge, bike shop refitted and it has been fine since, well until I sold it and got the V11. Would i fit another Hagon, yep

I have the shock installed so its a bit tuff to measure. I can tell you I beleive that it's the same as the stock sachs unit because the over-all hieght of the bike has not changed.

I had the bike on a stand to do the work and slipped a box end wrench under the tire ( grude measurement ) with both shocks installed again the same distance, ground to tire with no weight. I didn'nt even move the swing arm during the install. Slid a 2"x4" under the tire and changed the shocks...

:race:

The old Connie has a set of progressive shocks on the back, she rides real smooth and has a cushy seat...

• 8 months later...

Hey there

First of all.This forum is the best.I'm the proud and happy owner of a black V11 Le Mans 04. bought it in 2007 with only 3600 km.

And now with 15000 km i discovert a crack on Sachs rear shock lower joint. I made a not so pretty but safe repair of the shock,giving me time to source for the right replacement. I also found the Hagon wich is half the price of the original Sachs. And if it is as good as you say it's the one.