LED tail light

waspp

I have been wanting an LED tail light for some time but couldn't find any products available for my LeMans. i finally broke down and tried one off ebay from a Ducati Monster and the light is exactly the same size. You can also look for one from a Buell S1 X1 M2 or blast , they are all the same. It was an easy swap and the led 's look great! The directionals are integrated into the tail light as well so you can (if the law permits) lose your stalk lights in the rear. Picked mine up on ebay for $50.

Hal

DSCF4870.jpg

DSCF4872.jpg

DSCF4874.jpg

What about connection?...easy??..

any modifications needed???

...looks good :thumbsup:

Very easy to wire up. I clipped off the original spade type connectors on the original light and installed bullet type ones for the new light. There are wires for the tail light (same as the factory) and 2 wires for the directionals. I spliced the 2 directional wires into the existing wiring right at their respective bullet connectors. You do have to remove the seat cowl to access the wiring but the whole job is pretty simple.

Hal

Just a heads up for the guys with the fbf led rear light and alum plate holder they vibrate real bad at least mine did and the plate holder stresses and brakes off. The new plate holder is in stock but the led taillight is on back order i have been waiting for over a month. It brakes on the last 90 degree bend before the mounting holes check it out if you have one.

Did you get the light from Dariuslab? I got an LED unit w/o the integrated turn signals from eBay. The guy was located in Italy and was reasonable for price and shipping wasn't too long considering the distance. It was an easy install and the connectors hooked right up. More work to get to the light than to connect it.

Dave