Lowering the front forks...

savagehenry

I don't know if there's a concensus but many have dropped the front 10mm and liked the results. Give it a try and see what you think.

:2c: I think "best" depends on your size & weight, your suspension and handlebar setup, and your riding style, and personal preference. I moved mine up about 1/2" after installing stiffer fork springs because the front end was no longer diving on hard corner entry, so the bike was noticeably harder to turn in. I already had a stiffer than stock shock spring. I like the handling with this setup. I haven't had any problems with headshake, and the fender doesn't hit the fairing piece under the lower triple clamp.

• 4 weeks later...

I agree with Tom. I found that different tires require differing amounts of drop. On my short wb sport, 5 mm was perfect with the Pilot Roads. Pirellis liked 10 mm.

Just start with 10 and adjust up or down. Much over 10 probably won't be an improvement.

After adjustment, try a fairly fast throttle off decel with a light hold on the bars. If it wants to shake her head a bit, you're too low.

When I was running a 180 rear tire I had it at 12mm and liked the combination of fairly light steering and stability. With the taller / narrower 170 I dropped them to about 8mm. (I'm running Pirelli Diablos)

• 3 weeks later...

You have Ohlins like on Scura? (I think ride ht on Ohlins bikes is different to others?). On Scura I dropped clamps about half inch (to third ring as I recall). Fair difference, felt much more planted on front running into corners. Was happy with that & didn't experiment further. Check clearances. Watch out for sidestand cut out grounding. As others mention, tyres play big part. I use Pilot Sport 2CT's & they turn quicker than anything else I tried. KB :sun: