stompgrip pads

gthyni

I was thinking about stick som pads on my tank.

There is no MG-specifics and the knee outtake on the tank of our bikes are quiet large.

Google and me can't find any measurements of the differnt pads from stompgrip.

Anyone fitted the universal sport bike pads or any other bike specific pads I would love your input (with a picture if possible)

thanks for the reply,

but since I am a track day junkie I am less concerned with protecting the paint job than getting a better grip with my knees while breaking and hanging of the side of the bike.

365867545_8f74c2c26d.jpg

Well if that's the case, why not get some truck bed liner, tape off the area you want the grip panels to be, paint, add some crushed quartz bright white sand, and tear off the tape? Once cured, you should have the ultimate in grippy tank pads, right where you want them... :huh2:

Well if that's the case, why not get some truck bed liner, tape off the area you want the grip panels to be, paint, add some crushed quartz bright white sand, and tear off the tape? Once cured, you should have the ultimate in grippy tank pads, right where you want them... :huh2:

This is what you want http://www.techspec-usa.com/overview.html works great looks great and it sticks to the tank

Sam

I found them with measurements ... and in a swedish e-shop :nerd:

http://www.mc-online.se/shop/default.aspx?...773&lng=SWE

The size of the the pads are around 300x170 mm, should be more than enough I think, I will get the ruler out once I get home tonight.

The Stompgrip is widely used on the track, but is pretty aggressive for the street rider in cloth pants.

I find the Tech-spec (snakeskin) is good for balance of grip + comfort when not wearing leathers.

• 7 years later...

Does anyone have a picture of a v11 with tank grips on the tank? I'd like to put some on mine. None of the pictures on this thread are visible.

I have the techspec pads, those are what you want. Haven't installed them on my new tank yet, but if you look back in my gallery you can see them.

Thanks for posting the pictures, sp838. Those look great! Are they permanent or can they be taken off, just in case I need to revert back to stock? Also, where do they sell them? Thanks!

. . .  They are the . . . snake skin type

I used to date a girl that liked that look. :whistle::o

Seriously, guzzijek, now your turn for pictures! :pic:

I got mine from NiceCycle too, they shipped super fast, great guys.

• Like 1

I use the Tech Specs. I like them.

They can be had cheap on ebay and work well.

Worst case is if you don't like them you can always use the paper tracing that they're stuck to and buy a generic grip sheet you like and trace and cut yourself.