Seat options / choices

raceboy

Good Day all,

The V11 I bought had the original seat redone, (more like a touring seat) and the seat cowl was missing. The seat is comfy enough on longer ride and quite accomadating for a passenger, BUT it looks like Shite!!!!!!!!!!!! to me.

Therefore I'm interested in using a seat / tail section from a different model Guzzi, maybe a Daytona or something like that to give the bike a more sporty look, actually a solo seat is my prefrence.

Anyone have any ideas???

Cheers,

Raceboy

If you want a sportier look,maybe try something like this.I think someone on this forum has done it to his v11.It is a fairing in the same shape as a 1100sport by Dynotec.But maybe it is possible to put a stock 1100sport fairing on.Anyway,this is what it would look like.

v11race1.jpg

Anders

If you want a sportier look,maybe try something like this.I think someone on this forum has done it to his v11.It is a fairing in the same shape as a 1100sport by Dynotec.But maybe it is possible to put a stock 1100sport fairing on.Anyway,this is what it would look like.

v11race1.jpg

Anders

Anders, the bike looks great. That is what I'm tring to achive.

Do you have a website for Dynotec??

Thanks,

Raceboy

Are you familiar with the Corbin Gunfighter Saddle?

http://www.corbin.com/motoguzzi/v11gun.shtml

Check our forum for notes about it fitting your model.

It was originally fitted for the early V11, so you may need to monkey with it to make it fit.

Also, it sounds like you might have a Rich Maund seat. If you do, I am sure people would line up to trade with you.

Are you familiar with the Corbin Gunfighter Saddle?

http://www.corbin.com/motoguzzi/v11gun.shtml

Check our forum for notes about it fitting your model.

It was originally fitted for the early V11, so you may need to monkey with it to make it fit.

Also, it sounds like you might have a Rich Maund seat. If you do, I am sure people would line up to trade with you.

Good Idea. I will try and get some pics posted and if there is an interest with a fellow guzzist I will trade.

Give me a few days.

Raceboy

I think that was Callison

Yes,that thread was the only one i could find too.But i have a vague memory of someone else trying it,

but i can't find it.

sorry Raceboy.I suppose you could ask Jens Hoffman at Dynotec by email.

Anders

Here's a V11 Sport with a different farring...

V11 Super-Sport

Isn't that seat a Corbin also? The more I see our bikes changed, the more I am convinced that they are one of the best looking bikes made, right outta the showroom...now if I could afford one of those lovely tail sections of Paul's to be properly rid of that FUGLY plastic fender (the ONE truly ugly part on our bike, IMO).

• 3 weeks later...

Having seen a Guzzisti arrive at a rally on a rainy day with a sheepskin, I got interested in the advantages. I purchased a dense pile pelt, and cut out two pieces to fit my two bikes. I gotta tell ya, it improved the seat comfort dramatically. To hold it in place (in case I want to stand up at high speed), I picked up a beefy set of black suspenders with nickel plated alligator clips and reduced the length so it locates between the rear fender and the frame, and firmly keeps the pelt in place.

It's worked very well to eliminate butt abuse on long trips, and prevents the seat from getting scorching hot when parked in the sun. :D

v11race1.jpg

Anders

The (early) Daytona and Sport 1100/100i/Daytona RS fairings have to be trimmed quite a bit to clear a stock V11 Sport tank. I've already done this to an early Daytona fairing but the bike has moved on to my son leaving me with a cache of brackets, fairings, windshields, lowers, headlights etc to do the modification. Honestly, I'm not certain that it can actually be done because the V11 Sport tank is so wide that some very special clipons would be necessary and the result might be low, wide and uncomfortable. However, if you're in some sort of masochistic state and want to pursue such a venture, PM me. I also have a sub-frame and rear seat from the 1100i series that would bolt up (awkwardly, especially the wiring) and I'm less inclined to part with those but, as always, money speaks volumes...

V11project.01.gif

V11project.02.gif

V11project.03.gif

V11 Sport with an Airtech Sport 1100i fairing jammed loosely in place.

V11SportwithSportiFairing.gif

And the lovely beast that got me started down this path:

Sport1100wfairing.jpg