...uh,Hayabusa?...

savagehenry

Just wondering if you get this, ever...

Someone will ride up from behind me, or stop me in the gas station, and say something along the lines of,

"Oh, I thought that was a Hayabusa at first..."

After this had happened more than three times, I got the chance to ask why I keep hearing this. His response was,

"The Rear End. Most Jap bikes , the tail goes straight up. But yours is more like the Hayabusa, with that rounded, sculptured rear part of the seat."

Just Wonderin' :huh2:

The other one I get is, "Is that a Ducati?". No, Really.

I never got the Hayabusa comment, but it makes perfect sense, especially since I have seen Guzzis blow away Hayabusas. :o

A couple times I got, "Moto Gooozee, who makes those?"

Once I replied, "Suzuki" :P

But I did not have the heart to fool them, so I then explained the existence of a tiny factory in Italy.

Ha!

I have no doubt 90% of the parked riders I go by wonder what

model Ducati just went past. They know it was a twin, and they

know it wasn't Japanese..

Mines' running so good it just .......

Ah well...you know.....

That pull from down low.....

Those long legs in the high gears.

Hyabusa? ppppffffffffttttt!

I remember having some great dices with a Hayabusa around Knockhill circuit a few years back when I used to have an 1100 Sport Corsa. In the friendly banter between sessions, the Busa rider said he could not believe how hard the Guzzi pulled out of bends and he was thrashing the tits off his 145bhp rocket to keep up with an 80bhp dinosaur.

The start / finish straight is very short, and he could just get by me by the end before I nipped past again a few bends later on the brakes- we did this for about 40 laps! :race:

I quite like black Busas but would get banned for speeding within a week if I had one.

Guy :helmet:

All I can say is these people need glasses the V11 is a good looking bike the suzi is horrible the giant humpy seat and the stupid looking fairing. Although mine too has been mistaken for another make Aprilia

Guest frankdugo

you have to admit they both have pretty backsides.---the blind man walking past the girls sitting on a park bench---------hello ladies!

Most often mistaken for Ducati...

...once though, this pimply kid on a Suzuki sport bike that he'd custom painted with a broom right before riding it through a barb wire fence and the occupants of the field (sheep I think) looked at the RM and said "geesh, did you buy it painted that color?"

Ya gotta love it.