The MyECU thread

raz

Maybe serial to USB for one?

I thought more of a software solution, splitting COM1 into 2 internal COMs, maybe COM8 and COM9. Such things work for PDAs f.i., to connect 2 proggies to one GPS mouse or the like.

Hubert

• Replies 416
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Tried to alter Cylinder offset map today, changed numbers in Wordpad.

Those did not follow the map into my P8, why is that?

Downloaded map to-from the P8, those (I did it twice) did not have any alterations in Cyl Off map.

Should the numbers in Off map be in mS or %?

No answer when checking Cliff´s manual.

I'm trying to set up a forum for MyECU

Great news and seem to be working well! :)

The offset values should be +/-% eg +5 or -5 Maximum is 7

What version of ECUController do you have and when did you get the ECU?

ECUcontrol142, got it spring -08.

In my second try to transfer offset figures to & from MyECU

I used 2 figures at 2 spots in the map: 1 was 1000 as for mS, 1 was 2 as f percent.

Non stuck as I dl altered map fr ECU, Offset map all zero´s again.

99% of all users would log only once, my word on this. They'll get drowned under all the numbers this file contains. Hyperterminal is not that difficult, the problems arise later.

The same is true for idle TPS. You only set it once. Why would that disqualify it from being available in ECUControl?

You might think of getting a com port splitter to run EcuControl and Hypertrm in parallel. Just in case.

(...)

I thought more of a software solution, splitting COM1 into 2 internal COMs, maybe COM8 and COM9. Such things work for PDAs f.i., to connect 2 proggies to one GPS mouse or the like.

Yeah, surely that is a solution for beginners while logging availabilty in ECUControl, which would make that mess unneccessary, is a waste of energy? Hubert, please, join me instead. Versatility is a good thing. I'm not asking Cliff to incorporate automatic log file analyzing with artificial intelligence. I'm just saying that his piece of code is ALREADY reading the data and parsing it so why not just jot it down to a file while we're at it?

Thanks for that - looking at your target voltages the AFR looks very lean, but every bike/rider's desire will be different.

I did up a little Excel spreadsheet for calculating target voltages for entry into the ecu file.

I can't post spreadsheets, so I did it so that people can see the formulae and replicate in Excel etc.. This is for the Innovate LC-1 wideband sensor which operates from 0 to 5 V out.

Richard

It's not just the written words, we even speak in different tongues :grin:

Hm, I don't know if I would hold a more detailed site if I'd do things like this MyEcu. And as he writes on his site: he's not Marelli or Bosch with a customer service departement and so on.

Besides that, when I got my MK1 some years ago, I plugged it in and was literally airborne. The unit worked perfectly (after a minor layout glitch based on a Guzzi glitch was corrected) and I always got all the support I needed. But I know what you mean. The relation "written words" to "received words" sometimes could have been a little better. So maybe I should write: I always got the support I really needed ;)

Now to Hypertterminal:

1. Open the explorer

2. Right click on C:\

3. Search for "hypertrm.exe"

4. Create a shortcut of it on the desktop

5. Open the shortcut

6. Enter a name for the new connection (My15M e.g.)

7. Go to the last line and switch from Modem xy to COM1

8. Enter 38000, 8, None, 1, None - OK

9. click on File - Properties

10. goto second page

11. go down to ASCII-Configuration

12. under RECEIVE (not send) check the first line: add CR at end of received lines. This is important! (and a secret trick because it's on the 5th subpage or so)

13. ok - ok (-ok?)

14. click the 5th option: Transfer (or so) - Save Text (or maybe Copy Text, not Send Text)

15. Click on Browse and say where you want to find the log file. - Click Start

16. Click on FILE - SAVE AS - .... This will make the whole thing easier the next time :)

17. Under TRANSFER (the 5th command) - RECORD TEXT (or how it's called in English) you can stop, restart or cancel the logging.

18. Close Hypertrm and you have your logfile.

Open ECUControl - read map from file (also very important - that's the compiler table so to say) - click on ECU Diagnostics - click on logfile (a copy preferably, shit happens) (option ALL FILES) - enter the name for the parsed file - click ok.

If you think nothing has happened, then look for the parsed file: the translation goes lightning fast :)

That's all. Not really impressive once you have done it sometimes. In fact boring a bit. Because now you have such a huge amount of information that you have to be a good excel hero or a good script, pearl or whatever programmer to get behind all these numbers. Its a bit difficult because very seldom you'll have information for exact cells, and if so then in most cases only for a short moment. I guess some statistical excel knowledge won't hurt.

A short 2 minutes preview is uploaded here (picture only, sorry):

test_parsed.png

Hubert

AFR_for_MyECU_forum.pdf

ECUcontrol142, got it spring -08.

In my second try to transfer offset figures to & from MyECU

I used 2 figures at 2 spots in the map: 1 was 1000 as for mS, 1 was 2 as f percent.

Non stuck as I dl altered map fr ECU, Offset map all zero´s again.

Try 143

http://www.cajinnovations.com/ECUControl143.exe.zip

or

http://www.cajinnovations.com/ECUControl143.exe

If that help doesn't help you may need later firmware.

.....Hubert, please, join me instead. ....

No, I won't, sorry. I have a different wish list :grin: and don't get it sorted out. If you start such a campaign you'll get an endless list of what would be nice. Most things on it were of cosmetic nature, some things I would need but you not at all and so on.

Hubert

143 works, thx f help.

Did you get it by mail? Or am I the only one who can't reach Cliff's site? I posted stuff on his forum yesterday morning (CET) and since then I can't reach his forum or even the usual web site. Was I permanently banned? :lol:

This is not a complaint or criticism. I am very much a new person to the intricacies of MyECU and mapping.

In my opnion we need to build a manual based upon what we know. Some know a lot, some know a little. New guys like me probably ask the same questions as all the other new people, so why not document it in "our" own manual. Not quite wikipedia, but somethng similar. FAQs (and solutions) etc.

I understand CJ's position and sometimes wonder if he wished he had never offered it to the likes of us! I am sure more hours have gone into this than ever will be recouped financially, but then many of you devote time to sharing your knowledge/experience for no gain apart from sharing what you know.

It is a bit like you and your bike - there could be 10 to 100 bikes of the same model/colour in a row, but you could spot yours instantly, because you know it intimately. I think this may be the same with all the technology, functions and settings that CJ knows like a parent would know a child inside out.

Why write this - today I rode My15M for the second time and had a chance to watch the tacho, rather than just hear/react to the engine and watch out for our friends in blue! The tacho did weird things compared to what my ear/feel knew was sensible/real. Sent an email to CJ and received a very rapid response, change SW3 to on, so the tacho does not flip between rpm and throttle position. This is now clear that it has been pointed out and yes it is on the web site, but until you have a bit of knowledge, a line here or there in the online manual may not sink in.

As a new person, I would like to see some injur maps published as starting points - maybe options of this is for economy, this is for all out torque and power, this is for X, this is for Y. These could be merely as multipliers from a reference point, so people can then us global adjust to scale up or down to suit their bike's ccs, modifications like pipes, air filters, collector boxes etc.

Being a Duc owner, I have posted requests on a Duc site to anyone who may have established the Ducati Performance (DP) map for my bike, so I at least have a non ideal map, but a good reference to start from to then get rid of the problems. - no response as yet on the DP map. I am so close to buying the Tuneboy software so I can see what the DP map is like - surely the Duc map must be a good starting point even though it would be based upon a balance of power, fuel economy and emissions legislation. In reality and hindsight, this would have saved me the hours spent so far looking at maps that are so extremely different in some parts of the map, but the bike still runs.

Back to "our"manual - the info that "luhbo" posted about logging is invaluable - lubho has done it and knows how to document it, so why not consilidate the knowledge into a living, growing document?

I have read every single post a couple of times and now will read again and the work out " Oh that is what that means"

Richard

Hi. I am new here.

I just got my software and I am waiting for my ECU. It looks like I did not get any map from Cliff or maybe I dont know how to find it. Does any one have any kind of map that they can send to me so I can play with the software. If so please send it to the following adress.

j_virdung@hotmail.com

Best regards and thanks in advance.

Jocke...........