raz

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 416
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Cruising involves just a few cells for each speed/gear combination. Find out which cells (using Optimiser or computer log), and tweak them. My current leanest A/F target is 14.1 (lambda 0.96) and my mileage is similar to yours. I'm sure I could better mileage but for the moment I don't care, I just ride :sun:

• 1 month later...
Since you guys are getting into the excel stuff, here is a file I use to compare my changes. Cut and paste your original and current map, then you can see the percent of change and also a graph, with injector durations at 20deg & 40deg. Feel free to use it, add to it, distort, twist or maim at your leisure.

I've had good use of this recently, thanks!

Errant cells reallly show when put in a graph. Also, I could easily spot that I could move several breakpoints around because there were series of rows with linear changes that would be interpolated with little error anyway. This resulted in my next map to try: completely linear breakpoints.

RPM		 500  1150  1500  2000  2500  3000  3500  4000  4500  5000  5500  6000  6500  7000  7500  8000
THR		 896   832   768   704   640   576   512   448   384   320   256   192   128	64	 0

My TPS is 96, my WOT is 993 and 896+96 just happen to sum up to 992. Just perfect B)

my WOT is 993

IRL on the road readings on the Optimiser? W 150mV TPS base setting as a starting point?

This resulted in my next map to try: completely linear breakpoints.

RPM breakpoints only that is, not TPS?

Just tryin to follow your thoughts... ;)

IRL on the road readings on the Optimiser? W 150mV TPS base setting as a starting point?

Exactly. So using Autotune, a WOT pull from low rpm on high gear or uphill will often set one or more cells in the WOT row if needed. Just a couple of pulls last night rendered correction in five cells in that row.

RPM breakpoints only that is, not TPS?

Both. RPM each 500 rpm with a little deviation for real idle @1150. And TPS in steps of 64. Actual TPS degrees will be a little skewed by the bi-linear TPS curve of course, and the non linear flow rate of air passing different angles of the butterfly (which is probably why the TPS is bi-linear in the first place). Anyway I think the map will be better spaced than what I used before.

I'm visiting Gelleråsen for Classic Racing this weekend (how about you? Your Ducati club will be there!) and I'll test this on that trip.

I'm visiting Gelleråsen for Classic Racing this weekend (how about you? Your Ducati club will be there!) and I'll test this on that trip.

Been having almost a summer vacation like school kids, 7 weeks at my countryside cottage so really have to start working now. :(

Although I know we have our Annual meeting & Club championship race Sunday... ;)

It turned out the new breakpoints works really really good. I always had problems remembering the RPM breakpoints when tuning, now that's easy.

The TPS ones almost match Cliff's now. Before this I used more resolution at low throttle openings but the downside of that is it was much harder to hit a cell when tuning.

I'm not sure linear breakpoints are the way to go. Thats a bit unnatural. 500 - 1000 is 2x range where as 7500-8000 is less than 1/10.

I think even ratios makes more sense. For instance each break is 10% more or some such. A bit like the spacing in musical notes.

I'm not sure linear breakpoints are the way to go. Thats a bit unnatural. 500 - 1000 is 2x range where as 7500-8000 is less than 1/10.

I think even ratios makes more sense. For instance each break is 10% more or some such. A bit like the spacing in musical notes.

I thought so too until now and possibly I will go back after a while but I really had benefit from knowing by heart where the RPM breakpoints are, when in Autotune. And the 'large' spacing at lower RPM made it easier to stay near an (t,r) coordinate. Also, graphing my map showed that the interpolations will be pretty much correct anyway. A better option might be to overcome my teflon™ memory and just learn the breakpoints...

I guess the best approach would be to make dyno runs at half and full throttle and watch where the largest irregularities are, for placing breakpoints at the right places for this particular engine. My bike have significantly better breathing at about 4000 rpm (+10% from what would be interpolated from it's neighbours), probably the result of my particular intake and exhaust tune.

Having the TPS breaks evenly spaced (like you do too) will use the sensors bi-linearity so that seems to end up in a sensible spacing. Those I will keep for sure.

You do realise that the 2 bars displayed top left are to help you match the breakpoints?

Those are good once near the target, but I can move to any given cell much faster when I know the RPM breakpoints, especially when going diagonal, like from 6,8 to 7,9 and then back to 5,7. I have a good sense of rpm vs ground speed in different gears so I could use my speedo for RPM much like the TPS tacho, and then the bars you mention for fine tuning. I'm not sure why I always failed memorizing the default rpm breakpoints, maybe it's just me.

Yeah, having all MyECU data fed to LogWorks would be really really sweet. I tried to get hold of a software development kit for LogWorks, or just some specs for how to communicate with it, but I only found ways to read OUT stuff from LogWorks.

I know there is a third party LogWorks plugin for Suzuki Hayabusa. Maybe we should ask him how he got hold of the spec's.

I do think that if Cliff manage to support LogWorks, he won't regret it.

Manuals, SDK and stuff are here: http://www.innovatemotorsports.com/support.php

With a little help from a friend we are very close to have this solved. All data from MyECU can be made available in Innovate's Logworks 3: TPS, RPM, sensors, pulsewidth, you name it. It's very simple really and the best would be if Cliff added the ActiveX stuff to ECUControl.

Possibly I'll make a proof of concept, just passing RPM and TPS and hand that source code over to Cliff. I have code for parsing most of the raw MyECU data but some things are still missing.

Logworks support will take logging to a new dimension. http://www.innovatemotorsports.com/forums/...read.php?t=4952

• 2 weeks later...
With a little help from a friend we are very close to have this solved. All data from MyECU can be made available in Innovate's Logworks 3: TPS, RPM, sensors, pulsewidth, you name it. It's very simple really and the best would be if Cliff added the ActiveX stuff to ECUControl.

Possibly I'll make a proof of concept, just passing RPM and TPS and hand that source code over to Cliff. I have code for parsing most of the raw MyECU data but some things are still missing.

Logworks support will take logging to a new dimension. http://www.innovatemotorsports.com/forums/...read.php?t=4952

If it would be possible to connect MyECU to logworks or even better direct to a LM-2 how easy wouldnt life be then.

Keep us posted

Jocke.........