The MyECU thread

raz

Pushing it to LM-2 via the MTS chain is a different matter and not within my needs. But very large parts of my plugin will be reusable for that and I will release the C# source.

I'm fixing the last known bug now, but don't hold your breath

Oh, and forget about proof-of-concept, my plug is fully featured already :)

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 416
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

The MyECU plugin for Logworks (as well as a GPS plugin) is now downloadable from http://www.abc.se/~rasmus/logworks/ optionally with full source code.

Logworks offers endless possibilities for reading your log data. It can even be used to calculate a whole new map for you or simulate a dyno graph (with hp calculated from acceleration). Download it from here: http://www.innovatem...com/support.php

Here is an example. I rode for some 45 minutes, then with a few maneuvers I produced this map of actual O2 by map cell.

090927_O2_over_realmap.PNG

Note that it's upside-down, the WOT row is at the bottom.

My main problem is,

what to do w all the data.... :rolleyes::D

I found that to be a problem when logging just the raw data and convert it w/ ECUcontrol. It's just an endless stream of text. You can import it to an Excel spreadsheet but it's still not comprehensible. And there is no time line.

In Logworks, it's very easy to zoom in and out, smooth out peaks, make automated calculations and/or graph it in numerous ways. You can transform selected parts of a log to something that resembles a dyno run. Or have it calculate your next map. Or find problems with your engine or map that only surfaces at certain conditions.

My GPS plugin puts real speed (as in km/h) into the logs too B) and it wouldn't be hard to have Logworks calculate what gear you're in at any point, as long as your clutch is not disengaged or slipping.

Still, after lots of bug tracking and experimenting with this, it's a relief just going for a ride without any logging :lol:

• 2 weeks later...
I found that to be a problem when logging just the raw data and convert it w/ ECUcontrol. It's just an endless stream of text. You can import it to an Excel spreadsheet but it's still not comprehensible. And there is no time line.

In Logworks, it's very easy to zoom in and out, smooth out peaks, make automated calculations and/or graph it in numerous ways. You can transform selected parts of a log to something that resembles a dyno run. Or have it calculate your next map. Or find problems with your engine or map that only surfaces at certain conditions.

My GPS plugin puts real speed (as in km/h) into the logs too B) and it wouldn't be hard to have Logworks calculate what gear you're in at any point, as long as your clutch is not disengaged or slipping.

Still, after lots of bug tracking and experimenting with this, it's a relief just going for a ride without any logging :lol:

This sounds just fantastic. I am struggling to get my LM-2 working. No reliable RPM readings so this will rock.

With this I guess that I just connect MYECU to loggworks and just record it live in loggworks.

How do you log during a ride? Do you bring a laptop? If so how do you keep it running? As soon as I close the cover my laptop stops working.

I guess that the biggest thing is to get it working on my computer. I am as good on computers as cats are at swimming. Might need a bit of help here.

Jocke..........

Search the Menus there. Somewhere you should find a card where you can choose what action will be performed as soon as you flip over the screen.

Be carefull anyway. Logging with a laptop always is a bit risky. You may ruin your harddisk pretty quickly.

Hubert

Be carefull anyway. Logging with a laptop always is a bit risky. You may ruin your harddisk pretty quickly.

Hubert

I did not think about that. What is Raz using? laptop?

I think his Lambda controller does the storing. I used the laptop once. Put it into a rucksack, cabel zipped to the jacket and attached to the optimiser cabel at the bars. Just don't think too much about what can happen, wether the cable would come loose when it should and so on. The bigger problem is, that you have no optimiser for checking the map points while you're logging. So you can only save your current everyday's riding style - what makes analysing the data a bit tricky. Especially if you're not the real natural Excel hero.

Hubert

I use an ordinary laptop in a tank bag and have had no problems with it. Luhbo is right about the risks. On the other hand, a modern laptop hard disk is pretty rigid and I put some clothes under the laptop in the bag. I am not too worried. Also, the best use for Logworks is on a dyno and then you can put that gear on a table.

I do own an ultra-portable Eee 901 (or something) with a solid state disk and while it would be perfect in terms of vibration tolerance, it only runs Linux and I have some problems running Logworks and stuff under Wine (ECUcontroller works like a champ though).

This winter I will splice the serial comms cable inside the Optimiser and add a read-only serial port to it, that can be connected to the computer. This way I will be able to use the Optimiser and the computer logging simultaneously.

I use an ordinary laptop in a tank bag and have had no problems with it.....

You're disappointing me, Raz ;)

I really thought your L-controller does the logging. Does it mean, you're feeding all sensors into the L-controller and then you store its output on a laptop?

Hubert

I really thought your L-controller does the logging. Does it mean, you're feeding all sensors into the L-controller and then you store its output on a laptop?

That can be done with other products but I use an LC-1, the simplest and cheapest of Innovate's stuff. It only has digital and analog Lambda out, nothing more. No internal logging. But it includes the Logworks software, which can also take virtual channels from plugins.

So one of the LC-1 analog outputs always go to the ECU. When I log, I feed the digital out to one com port of my laptop and MyECU "Optimizer cable" to another. And GPS to a third, if I want to. The MyECU and GPS data is processed by my plugins and fed to the ActiveX interface that Logworks features.

The LM-2 can be used in the same way, and/or it can log internally. But to log MyECU data internally, the data must enter via its serial input, in a protocol that is Innovate's own (but open). The software needed for that is not written afaik but it should be fairly easy to accomplish. SDK's and specs are available, although somewhat crude. That would be another type of plugin. Or it could be a very small computer gizmo made for just that task, though I doubt anyone have enough need to actually build such a thing. It has been done for less exotic ECUs.

If my hard disk ever breaks from this abuse, I'll just buy an SSD one. They are not cheap but on the other hand they are super fast B)

• 7 months later...