raz

• Replies 416
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Punch,

what is the difference between V11 and Ducs regarding the pinning?

THX, Hubert

From memory and the text "" "" below from emails on my 2001 900SS the pins were different to MG.

I gave up as I spent somewhere between hours and hundreds of hours on this, then bought TuneBoy and was able to start from the original Ducati map and then play.

Very happy and thoroughly recommend.

One of many emails quoted below

"From what I can see, pin 19 is connected to the starter relay and start button. So the ECU is just giving a "good to go" signal.

The other side of the pin 19 connection is +12V and pin 19 pulls to ground.

I think we can disconnect pin 19 inside the ECU by cutting the track to T7 AND the track to D2 near VR1.

Then connect D2 to T7 collector and this to pin 15.

Then connect pin 19 to gnd."

That's funny. I bought at least 2 900S ecus for small money, switched the flashrom from Duc to V11 and never had any problems with them. The V11 engine also starts and runs with a Duc900 ecu without any modifications. So to me it seems as if the differencies between Duc 900 and MG V11 are not that big.

Hubert

That's funny. I bought at least 2 900S ecus for small money, switched the flashrom from Duc to V11 and never had any problems with them. The V11 engine also starts and runs with a Duc900 ecu without any modifications. So to me it seems as if the differencies between Duc 900 and MG V11 are not that big.

Hubert

Apparently to 98/99 Ducs used the 15M with a code A0 on it. Later models A8

Some info sent to me states that there is a difference in the wiring harness to the fuel pump and the type of pressure sensor used.

Pressure sensor type is not an issue as it is PCB mounted and the EEPROM would have been programmed to suit. This is probably why MyECU instructions provide different mV options to put in the text file.

Fuel pump should not be an issue, just shift cables.

Maybe you have been lucky in that the Duc versions were of a version that matched your V11.

Richard

In fact it were A0 types. Actually I have an A8 laying on the table, labelled Supersport750 - DUCATI_004. When I put it in my V11 the pump stayed dead - a V11 ROM then brought it to life. So it's obviously the way as Cliff described it. As the OEM ecus probably have all pins connected to the controller it's just a question of different I/O layers in the different ROM contents. On the other hand it's quite tricky with the available tools to alter a V11 ROM to suit a different pressure sensor (in this case the one used in the A8 versions).

THX for sharing this info.

Hubert

In fact it were A0 types. Actually I have an A8 laying on the table, labelled Supersport750 - DUCATI_004. When I put it in my V11 the pump stayed dead - a V11 ROM then brought it to life. So it's obviously the way as Cliff described it. As the OEM ecus probably have all pins connected to the controller it's just a question of different I/O layers in the different ROM contents. On the other hand it's quite tricky with the available tools to alter a V11 ROM to suit a different pressure sensor (in this case the one used in the A8 versions).

THX for sharing this info.

Hubert

Looks like the My15M Cliff supplied to me was A0 version. We modded the PCB to switch from pin 19 to pin 15 to suit the A8 config that my bike needed. Attached is a list of what the A8 pins do. The link is to wiring diag that I "coloured in" to make life easier for tracing things on my Duc. Too big to attach. http://files.me.com/yellowducati/1ta370

Does anyone have a wiring diag or a pin list for an A0 bike they could post. It might be as simple as moving some wires in the harness to connector to convert an A0 to an A8 and vice versa. A friend's 98 900SSie may have a dead 15M A0 so we are trying to sort testing and maybe using an A8 as A0 are hard to find in Australia for a 900.

Richard

Marelli 15M A8 connector pins.pdf

• 1 year later...

Has anyone built the Optimiser with the OPTIM007 circuit board?

I am having trouble building up my kit as it differs from the photos on the MyEcu website. The new pcb has the switches mounted directly to the board so should be easier to wire up, but I cannot tell which wires go where as the photos are all from the same angle obscuring some of them. The wires I am talking about are from the board to the potentiometers and to the display.

Perhaps someone could post photos making it clear.

Thanks.:mg:

• 6 years later...

Pressureangle said "Wow last post 10 years ago"

Raz, the guy who started that thread in 2008 kindly sent me his map which he developed for the MyECU for his bike with the same pipes as mine, It ran nicely on my bike, in fact it was still in the bike when I sold it. I called it my Razmap

The MyECU came as a kitset of individual parts you had to solder together long before Guzzidiag was available, the Map was loaded using a laptop with a serial port (before USBs), I believe it currently uses Bluetooth from an Android device which also gives you a handy window into the ECU.

Cliff did a great job, his site has a good tutorial on how it works.

www.myecu.biz

Pressureangle said "Wow last post 10 years ago"

Raz, the guy who started that thread in 2008 kindly sent me his map which he developed for the MyECU for his bike with the same pipes as mine, It ran nicely on my bike, in fact it was still in the bike when I sold it. I called it my Razmap

The MyECU came as a kitset of individual parts you had to solder together long before Guzzidiag was available, the Map was loaded using a laptop with a serial port (before USBs), I believe it currently uses Bluetooth from an Android device which also gives you a handy window into the ECU.

Cliff did a great job, his site has a good tutorial on how it works.

www.myecu.biz

It's in, and using Raz's map, tweaking it with the o2 sensor for my pipes.