The MyECU thread

raz

The OEM ecu an WM441 P8 is unapproachable in performance and electronics compared to MyEcuP8 ( the WMP8 is the same ECU mounted on

Lancia Delta Integrale,Sierra Cossworth ),and with the software for eprom tuning i discover this have 18 parameters/maps to set for best performance!!!

Imagine a little: Injection timing,injection advance,partial spark advance,air temperature injection timing/spark advance correction,oil temperature

Injection timing/spark advance correction,pressure injection/spark advance correction,TPS at idle position spark advance correction,RPM depandant

spark advance correction...and many more parameters to set.

Does the WM P8 really have all these features or is it "the software for eprom tuning i discover" that has it?

According to your logs not much numbers/corrections/tuning in most columns.

Or are those parameters avaliable with a gas analyzer and/or your software or what?

And a Q: Should an egine w less stroke than a V11 & HC pistons have more or less injection advance?

What Ivan wrote is totally useless for our purposes, as it's useless if not counterproductive for himself as well. You'd need a million dollar equipement to adress just 50% of all those features such an OEM unit seems to provide.

Making up a complaint out of this is nonsense.

Hubert

• Replies 416
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I have some info on OEM maps.

One parameter/map is Injector EOI Phase Map,

what is that, same as injector timing or what?

An educated guess is it means End Of Injection, telling us the values are trailing edge of injector pulses as opposed to leading edge which is common too. So the short answer is yes.

• 3 weeks later...
An educated guess is it means End Of Injection, telling us the values are trailing edge of injector pulses as opposed to leading edge which is common too. So the short answer is yes.

Thx, raz.

How about increasing fuel pressure from 3 bar to 4,5 for better timing, together w accurate injection timing?

A waste of energy on our low revving, not so sophisticated engines? High fuel pressure seems to be hip in F1 ECU`s.

Sorry f slight threadjack.

How about increasing fuel pressure from 3 bar to 4,5 for better timing, together w accurate injection timing?

A waste of energy on our low revving, not so sophisticated engines? High fuel pressure seems to be hip in F1 ECU`s.

I have considered that too. I have no idea if there are any downsides. I'm seriously considering doing a full season on E85 only and see how the map ends up and how it affects power and mileage, but my current maximum flow rate wont suffice at WOT.

I'll overhaul my heads first though. I'm planning to raise CR from 9.5 to 10.5, I guess that is still a moderate figure and shouldn't hurt anything.

Quote: I'm seriously considering doing a full season on E85 only and see how the map ends up and how it affects power and mileage, but my current maximum flow rate wont suffice at WOT.

In car racing my friend convert a Ford Duratec engine 2,0l for E85.

The fuel were up in the region of +30% .

So you will have to find injectors that can flow more.

If I remember correctly E85 will handle alot of comp - up to 15:1 ?!

Do not remember how the ignition were changed.

Think the change in power were around + 5 - 6% based upon a optimized N/A engine from the beginning.

The fuel were up in the region of +30% .

So you will have to find injectors that can flow more.

Yes, but we were discussing replacing the fuel pressure regulator. That would likely be cheaper and simpler than replacing the injectors. I just don't know if there are any downsides.

This will most likely be a limited time experiment so I'm not sure I would like a 15:1 CR. I wonder what CR my flexifuel car has.

I guess ignition should be advanced. A proper E85 engine should have a knock sensor (or better means) I guess. A Guzzi V11 engine is probably one of the worst candidates available for doing an E85 conversion :P

E85 fuel is not a good fuel for performance or gas mileage. It requires more fuel to do the same work and to cover the same distance as conventional gasoline. It also will destroy ALL rubber it comes in contact with in the fuel system that was NOT designed to work with.

E85 fuel is not a good fuel for performance or gas mileage. It requires more fuel to do the same work and to cover the same distance as conventional gasoline. It also will destroy ALL rubber it comes in contact with in the fuel system that was NOT designed to work with.

Well, you might want to qualify that with "... an otherwise unmodified engine." Don't forget, alcohol-burning dragsters (Fuelers) have faster times that gasoline powered ones... ;)

Let's see: in 1921?, Ricardo said that "engines burning alcohol have a virtually unlimited compression ratio" or something to that effect: running pure meth, you can run as something like 26:1 compression ratio w/o detonation (which admittedly, you need to do to get the same performance from alcohol as gasoline, due to its lower energy density.)

The BIG - nay, outright HUGE - problem with E85 is that it is a negative energy equation, costing us more to produce than it saves us. Bad pork barrel politics, bad!

Until we get industrial scale solar stills set up for its refining and don't divert any food acreage toward producing it, E85 does more harm to the U.S. than good.

Just say "No" to bad ideas!

E85 versus environment and any politics regarding it is completely off-topic in this thread, please. Same goes for the destroys-all-rubber-and-whatnot discussion. I fear pointless and endless arguing and it has nothing to do with MyECU.

I just want to test MyECU's ability to adapt the map to new conditions and getting a feel for tuning ignition manually. I really don't expect it to be better (or worse for that matter) for the environment or my fuel budget.

I do expect a very slight increase in power but it will hardly be worth it except for the joys of experimenting. I could do this with racing fuel or whatever but E85 is cheaper and sold everywhere here.

My friend is going to make a 1026 cc 4V Duc w a goal of 130 RHP w double injectors, running on ethanol.

The plan is to use MyP8, it`s a 888 so he wants his original engine & ECU to just bolt back on w all wiring untouched.

I will help him and report back here, plan to start it up April.

An help welcome! :)

My friend is going to make a 1026 cc 4V Duc w a goal of 130 RHP w double injectors, running on ethanol.

That sounds like fun. I'm a garage junkie, if I can help in any way I'd be happy to stuff my laptop and a six-pack of Czech beer in my tank bag and pay you a visit this spring. :luigi::bier:

Unless it rains continuosly from late February to July of course... <_>

Anyway I'm looking forward to your report!

You`re welcome but you`ll have to bring the Urquells to outside Alingsås between showers! :bier:

Time to get back to original thread:

So, injection timing, seems it´s best to open at closed valves for best evaporisation.

600 best f load and around 300 f idle/low load-revs? Should we add another value for part load/cruising around 4k RPM/10-20% TPS?

Easiest text software to use, Excel or something else?

So, injection timing, seems it´s best to open at closed valves for best evaporisation.

600 best f load and around 300 f idle/low load-revs? Should we add another value for part load/cruising around 4k RPM/10-20% TPS?

Easiest text software to use, Excel or something else?

I'll try experimenting with the timing this spring. At idle, for a starter. If OEM is constant about 525 I guess that is a good figure for cruising.

When I work with my maps I usually switch between the ECUController program, OpenOffice Calc (freeware Excel clone) and a good editor like PSPad (freeware UltraEdit-like editor). Not to mention some pretty powerful perl scripts, as well as improvised one-liners, under Cygwin perl. I'm going to switch to running under Linux as I've heard the ECUController works fine under Wine.