The MyECU thread

raz

Hi. I am new here.

I just got my software and I am waiting for my ECU. It looks like I did not get any map from Cliff or maybe I dont know how to find it. Does any one have any kind of map that they can send to me so I can play with the software. If so please send it to the following adress.

j_virdung@hotmail.com

Best regards and thanks in advance.

Jocke...........

There should have been a map in that email

• Replies 416
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

There should have been a map in that email

I looked again and I found it. Sorry for that and thanks for the reminder.

Jocke...........

Why did you choose MyECU over TuneBoy?

One of the nicest things about MyEcu is not having to worry about the intricacies of oil temperature sensors. :D

The tuneboy is a nice product and I've met the developer. The My15M and the tuneboy hit the streets at the same time. Had the tuneboy been earlier there probably wouldn't have been a My15M.

The main pluses with MyECU is closed loop and the Optimiser. Sure the later bikes have closed loop but how does that work.

Do you actually run the tuneboy and PClll together? Why?

What bike are we talking about? I assume one of the dukes. Will you be running closed loop?

It is a Ducati 851. Engine has been replaced with an upgraded 996 engine and the Wiring and ECU has been replaced with Ducati 916 stuff so the original P7 ECU has been replaced with a P16.

I will run open loop. I dont see any reason to run closed loop. It is just a question to do the mapping right as always and I dont see any difference in mapping a MyECU to any other ECU. It is just mapping after all.

I can ofcourse be wrong as always as I have no experience of running closed loop.

Here is a dynorun of my latest creation. It is a slightly tuned Monster S4. Here seen in a de-tuned version as I am running out of fuel over 8000RPM and had to detune a bit. It is most probably 5hk more to get on top when I put it back the cam timing to what I want and when I increase the fuel pressure

S4_dyno.jpg

Jocke........

QUOTE (greenmonster @ Apr 28 2009, 01:09 AM)

So why did our bikes start easier w TDC=0 then?

Some parameters must`ve changed.

TDC seems bad f me before it actually fires, backfires etc.

For what it's worth: I was looking for something else in a Ducati 916 WHB and noticed the Weber-Marelli 1.6M also fires at TDC when cranking. Maybe you should focus on fuel priming.

A bit puzzled as I have a 907 w a P7 originally.

But I will focus on fuel priming.

Some strange posts lately, anything wrong w this thread?!?

To me it seems we all struggle in the same direction, slowly but forward in a good spirit. :)

One of the nicest things about MyEcu is not having to worry about the intricacies of oil temperature sensors. :D

The tuneboy is a nice product and I've met the developer. The My15M and the tuneboy hit the streets at the same time. Had the tuneboy been earlier there probably wouldn't have been a My15M.

The main pluses with MyECU is closed loop and the Optimiser. Sure the later bikes have closed loop but how does that work.

Do you actually run the tuneboy and PClll together? Why?

I don't know how the O2 closed loop with TuneBoy works, but am curious.

They have an Innovate LCI option and logging software, but I don't know if it is available for Guzzi, although it does show up a Com port option, so the TuneEdit can talk to the ECU at the same time it is getting data from the LCI.

This was not available a couple years ago.

I don't run the PCIII anymore. It died a second time.

The only reasons to run it at the same time were for the buttons (useful for road testing) or if I wanted to dyno it with DynoJet's Tuning Link.

I usually had it removed from the bike. It died from just sitting in my garage...

Oh, yah and closed loop O2 sensing clearly does have advantage when the feedback from the temperature sensor is wrong half the time :rolleyes:

But let's not mention it or this obsolete thread will get locked.

Please don't go, Cliff.

Japp can make a sub-forum for you here and make you an admin, right Jaap?

But he might make you buy advertising space. :P

I don't have any intentions of going and I'm sure those who use my new forum will be leaving either.

I'm just trying to provide a bit more useful for those who use MyECU.

Most of the stuff in this thread is too specific.

You're welcome over there btw.

Right Dave, most of us will still be here more than there. The problem with this thread is that it covers lots of different subjects, all more or less related to MyECU, in a single mega long thread. It's not feasible. It was better than nothing but now it's obsolete.

Hopefully Cliff will sort it out so guests (and Google) have read-only access to the MyEcu forums but in the meantime I'm sure he'll let you register even if you didn't [yet] buy it.

Yes, I just meant it's not just Cliff's odd idea, and possibly it's the same in P8 and P7. Anyway if you manage to get it working with or without TDC=1 then all is fine. But if not, maybe fuel priming is the key.

How does it work on the standard WM in the ducs? I guess that if you give TomTom a ring he might have some advices on how the start fuel works on the 5,9 powered 900ss. The starting fuel on a 900SS with a 5,9 ECU must be very simular to a 907. After all it is a very simular engine.

Jocke.....

In my 900SSie I reduced prime by about 20% based approcimately upon 900cc/1100cc and it starts very well and with spark from map, not TDC. I will reset to spark at TDC to see if it is still OK.

This is the bottom sector of the map for 500, 1100 and 1500 rpm. Air temp here is around 20 C at the moment

InjDur 02 4640 2400 2240

InjDur 01 4544 2200 2080

InjDur 00 2368 1880 1520

It also starts happily with this

InjDur 02 4640 2828 2710

InjDur 01 4544 2356 2356

InjDur 00 2368 1741 1348

In both cases this is the spark.

SpkAdv 02 11.02 11.02 15.00

SpkAdv 01 8.20 8.20 12.19

SpkAdv 00 8.20 8.20 10.08

How does it work on the standard WM in the ducs? I guess that if you give TomTom a ring he might have some advices on how the start fuel works on the 5,9 powered 900ss. The starting fuel on a 900SS with a 5,9 ECU must be very simular to a 907. After all it is a very simular engine.

Jocke.....

Just tried TDC1 to fire at TDC - it would NOT start and was igniting in pipes.

20 C oil temp, 18 C air temp.

Changed to TDC0 to fire from map which is 8 degrees and it started immediately.

Both with less prime for my 900 Duc as per this line.

#Temp C -30 -20 -10 0 10 20 25 30 40 50 60 70 80 90 100 110 125

Prime 25 25 21 16 14 10 9 7 6 6 5 4

In my 900SSie I reduced prime by about 20% based approcimately upon 900cc/1100cc and it starts very well and with spark from map, not TDC. I will reset to spark at TDC to see if it is still OK.

This is the bottom sector of the map for 500, 1100 and 1500 rpm. Air temp here is around 20 C at the moment

InjDur 02 4640 2400 2240

InjDur 01 4544 2200 2080

InjDur 00 2368 1880 1520

It also starts happily with this

InjDur 02 4640 2828 2710

InjDur 01 4544 2356 2356

InjDur 00 2368 1741 1348

In both cases this is the spark.

SpkAdv 02 11.02 11.02 15.00

SpkAdv 01 8.20 8.20 12.19

SpkAdv 00 8.20 8.20 10.08

Keeping track of changes - maybe for the "manual" or FAQs

I am sure the veterans know this, but there are novices as well.

In the XXX.ecu file lines that start with # are notes/comments in the file and not used by the ECU.

This means you can add notes to the file on what change etc. you did. I have started deleting many original lines with # as I do not need these notes anymore. I don't know what file size the EEPROM can store, which is why I delete stuff I know, to leave space for my WIP - work in progress notes. This way I do not have to find the bit of paper that I wrote on about what I changed for the particular map.

Richard

I'm quite sure that these comments are not transfered to the MyEcu. Write what you want, upload it, download it, and you'll find all your comments reset to defaults. As Cliff writes somewhere: maps are software and should be treated like that - commented, archived etc.

Hubert

Keeping track of changes - maybe for the "manual" or FAQs

I am sure the veterans know this, but there are novices as well.

In the XXX.ecu file lines that start with # are notes/comments in the file and not used by the ECU.

This means you can add notes to the file on what change etc. you did. I have started deleting many original lines with # as I do not need these notes anymore. I don't know what file size the EEPROM can store, which is why I delete stuff I know, to leave space for my WIP - work in progress notes. This way I do not have to find the bit of paper that I wrote on about what I changed for the particular map.

Richard

Good idea, if it works :D

I date or name my maps (ie after xx changed.ecu) and keep them in a couple of locations, that way I can find them quickly if I need to.

Running closed loop means the map I started a ride with may not be the one I return with so I tend to save the map before and after a ride(before ride to x.ecu,after ride to x.ecu) to compare the changes.