Options for changing fuel mapping on the V11

dlaing

Yes I'm having a bit of a vent.

Go for it!

Thanks for the feedback.

FWIW I have not heard of any great problems with the stock ECU on the V11, but I have heard the 16Ms on the V1100Sporti would sometimes die and had other issues resulting in popping at certain rpms.

The 15M mapping can be greatly improved on, but it is reliable and when remapped it works about as well as possible without adding on more sensors.

But I don't see a real need to do that.

Yep bullshit, I have a carbed 1100 sport with FCR flatslides it drinks like there is no tomorrow, even with the delorto's it was the same 7-8 litres per 100 round town is normal very rarely do i get 6's there has to be no traffic modest paced country run and relatively flat terrian. Flog it and it will easily go past 10litres and hit 11's if you are really into it. It has been professionally dyno tuned in too whilst running a tad rich to run it any leaner I'd have to change jets with the seasons. I don't think the motor would handle bigger carbs (41.5mm) as the acellerator pumps with the quick action throttle can just about put the fire out without some port and flow work and maybe a bigger cam. If anyone has ridden a stock Delorto 1100 sport with the factory tuning airbox and exhaust they would realise what a massive step forward the fuel injection system was on the sport1100i as flawed as it is.

BTW with the current state of the AUD the tune boy is cheaper than the moto specail device, I think the main problems affecting Guzzi's FI system is:

1 getting an old motor through new emissions.

2. When they do approach Webber Marelli for an ECU the volumes are very low so they get whats left over and not a whole lot of development time from the supplier.

3 Guzzi owners been conservative and usually stingy old farts and will !@#$ around at the edges with sensors and the like but actually biting the bullet and retuning the ECU as they are worried it might mess it up :lol: .

Yes I'm having a bit of a vent.

Hi Murray,

Did you get something for the MGS01? Anyway I'm interested in the may thats in there. I downloaded the tuneboy tune-edit program, and that has a mgs01 map, but if that is the original or modified map?

Hi Murray,

Did you get something for the MGS01? Anyway I'm interested in the may thats in there. I downloaded the tuneboy tune-edit program, and that has a mgs01 map, but if that is the original or modified map?

To be honest mine runs pretty good and I haven't bothered, I was kind of keen on cliffs setup mainly because he is sorta local well as local as 4500kms gets to me. I was going to get out the calipers and measure the headers and see if i have the 52mm ones that Mr Fallon was talking in his book about, would you know if its inside or outside diameter thats usually refered too?

Currently working out if I can get it to the WSBK's without going broke and do a track day or two afterwards ATM.

• 10 years later...

So I realize this thread is as old as dirt, yet maybe the world has changed since 2008. I would really like to improve the fuel mapping in my 2003 Rosso Corsa. I had the TuneBoy work done to it, and it came out pretty good, not amazing, but pretty good . I still had the hesitation at the 2700 to 3000 rpm range. Actually I didn't love the throttle response below 3000 rpms in general. Any how, a blown clutch. a bit of fiddling by the Guzzi dealer and 5 years later it needs a refresh/update.

Thus my question. Go back and have the TuneBoy refreshed or are there better options at this point? I'm not looking for a fire breathing dragon here, just a better, smoother throttle response.

Thanks in advance,

Interesting. The question about whether "Beetle" (not a member here) has written V11 maps came up at the Fifteenth South'n SpineRaid. Dunno. :huh2:

For sure, though, our member Meinolf has likely written the very best V11 mapping to date. Far better than any other option, as I understand. :thumbsup:

ah yes, not the first time i've heard that name Meinolf today...

I suppose i can search for an answer first, but are those maps via power commander, or is it an ECU flash of some sort?  and does he send an ECU you can "pop in", or does the ECU need to be sent?

No power commander, and pop in as I understand.

Cheers tom.

• Like 1

Hey Tom, shouldn't you be sleeping?  the sun comes up there in about 4 more hours, and sunlight is becoming more scarce this time of year!  or maybe you're now enjoying digesting the elk steak and IPA? :->

cheers

• Haha 2

Yep, as Tomchri said, get a .bin file, write it to the ECU in the privacy of your personal la-BOR-a-tory.

pm Meinolf. He's a great guy and has been so supportive to our community!  :thumbsup:

2 minutes ago, docc said:

Yep, as Tomchri said, get a .bin file, write it to the ECU in the privacy of your personal la-BOR-a-tory.

pm Meinolf. He's a great guy and has been so supportive to our community!  :thumbsup:

I'm actually going south to se him on sunday, with 3 brains. That will be interesting, and hopefully not hurt my brain to much.

Cheers tom.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Gmc28 said:

Hey Tom, shouldn't you be sleeping?  the sun comes up there in about 4 more hours, and sunlight is becoming more scarce this time of year!  or maybe you're now enjoying digesting the elk steak and IPA? :->

cheers

Should is one thing. 

cheers tom

• Haha 1

I run the Meinolf map in my V11 and it is great. Night and day difference. His map is for the 15M ECU.

You just need the proper cables and a laptop with the writer program. It only takes a minute to flash the new map on.

Back up your old one first. That takes about 10-15 minutes.

Adjust valves, reset the TPS to 157mv and balance the throttle bodies and you will have a great running V11.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1