Moto Guzzi close

antonio carroccio

I'm not intending the Guzzi staff is a bunch of thieves. It's just a fact that there are nice parts floating around and if you kinda like this form of business they might come down at your place and some money will float off from your pockets to someone else's instead, that's it.

Hubert

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Here is an off the wall suggestion could all Guzzi owners not buy the factory between them there must be some rich owners out there. We could give Piaggio a token 1 euro for goodwill

I am rich.

You can count on me for 1 euro!

But I think we should wait the bastards out.

Piggadaggio is now left with a badge, some old parts that might be worth a little something, a debt, some patents, a money hole museum, and a bad reputation.

They are going to find the badge next to worthless, unless they can build a better Guzzi with respect for tradition.

The old parts are worth less than the debt.

If we could get some of the Billionaires on this forum to contribute, we could wait on Piaggio's failure with the Guzzi Badge, which will happen when the bean counters say to turn the museum into condos.

We then buy the patents for 1 million, the museum for another million, and the badge and parts for 1 euro.

The workers get their jobs back, and Piaggio get the debt erased by the 2 million and one, and they get a tax write-off and everybody is happy, except for the realists that wanted to turn the factory into condos.

This topic is all about the temporary closure of the factory for the winter.

Moto Guzzi has had a bad year. They sold a few motorcycle and now is better to close the factory and the employees have get paid with some money of the state.

Dunno of their intention is to move to somewhere.

Piaggio did rescue the factory so far and I am happy about this financial coup.

Last time was Aprilia with the big boss Beggio and now is the boss of the Piaggio concern a guy who is from a big truck factory (well know in Europe) the IVECO company.

Mandello del Lario belongs to Moto Guzzi and vice versa.

I recognize they might need a better place, building, tools, etc. but the charm of the place at the lake is unique. :sun:

Guzzi had a bad year !! :o wre're probally not thier biggest market but seriously can't keep the things on the floor locally and its not summer yet! The 8valve griso is also a serious contender for Bike of the Year from one of the local magazines.

Oh probally at least ten, I have to take my shoes off past ten anyway. I'm guessing and I do mean guessing 2-300 actually I'll ring local shop they'll actually tell me that kind of stuff I'll update latter. Although admittedly were're doing ok ATM with the recent weeks carry on in the markets instead of the R word they a talking of growth of only 2% and the stimulus package of 10billion has halved the govt budget surplus.

Guest goffredo
The factory will be closed for restructuring. This will happened in the winter 2008/2009.

The plan is to be closed for about two month, but it could be more than only two month.

It will be better to order pieces from another source.

In Italy the winter begins in October and ends in April.

There is a letter to Piaggio on our website asking for urgent clarification to stop the rumours about definitive closure of the Mandello factory, the real amount of the investments for 'restoration' and what are the exact plans for the future of the brand.

The 3rd of november Moto Guzzi SpA will cease to exist completely as an independent company, being totally absorbed by Piaggio.

Some translations of the letter are circulating on several uk sites such as Squadra Guzzista.

You are welcome to sign up if you feel that the added value of Mandello as home of the Guzzi should be treasured and not erased.

Cheers,

G.

I asked Mr Guareschi about the factory closure.

He seemed to say that only some front office types would be moving and that production would remain in Mandello.\

Of course I was talking Spanish and he was answering in Italian, so sumthin may have been lost in the translation :lol:

Here is an off the wall suggestion could all Guzzi owners not buy the factory between them there must be some rich owners out there. We could give Piaggio a token 1 euro for goodwill

That suggestion may not be so off the wall...My local football team was bought out by 20000 people who each paid £35 by way of the Myfootballclub website. The members now vote online on all issues to do with the club, including picking the team and the formation to play. The £35 is renewable on a yearly basis.

Since the takeover the club have woin a major competition and are now full time professionals. Why don't we do the same and buy Moto Guzzi?

We could then build exactly the bikes that Guzzisti want to see on the road....start with, lets say a road legal MGS Corsa :D :D profits could be ploughed straight back into the factory and Guzzi would kick ass again!