I think I sold it.............

BrianG

Damn..... I think I sold the V-11S. Some guy walked up and said `I have enough cash to buy that bike.` I said, `Bet you don`t.` But he did.......

Now I`m ambivalent, and he`s coming to pick it up tomorrow.........

Guess it`s a good thing I get the 999s on Saturday......

Damn..... I think I sold the V-11S. Some guy walked up and said `I have enough cash to buy that bike.` I said, `Bet you don`t.` But he did.......

Now I`m ambivalent, and he`s coming to pick it up tomorrow.........

Guess it`s a good thing I get the 999s on Saturday......

well you'll be back here, you'll buy a v11 agaian.

Ive had a few things dissapear with that type of comment..its the funny thing about things, people will always find some way to pay you what you think it would take to sell it.....I had a sand-rail for sale but blocking the access to the garage was a really custom truck that was not for sale....he left with the truck and I still had the sand-rail to sell.....guess thats what I get for thowing a number out there. that was twenty years ago and I still remember that lesson!

This helps a bit..... picked it up on Friday.

Though I think the fellow was full of bluster....... he hasn't returned with the $$$.

Can a fellow own more than one motorcycle at a time??? :D

999s.JPG

another "Wish I'd never sold it" thread on the horizon :D

either that or a

"Boy, I miss my V11" thread B)

I'm worried about this myself. I've been seriously considering a Touno. The down side is it will likely have to replace the LeMans.

On the Aprilia side of the scale is power, handling, less fiddling and I think reliability.

For the Guzzi, the heart & soul of that motor, comfort (fairing & seat) and of course the look & feel.

I'm ready for a change but I'm afraid of how I'll feel after the new wears off. I've asked Ben here who owns both (RSV not Tuono) and he gave me great info that made me lean toward the Aprilia then I read Paul's words in this thread and I pause.

At least winter is near and I have some time to think (agonize) about it.

On the Aprilia side of the scale is power, handling, less fiddling and I think reliability.

For the Guzzi, the heart & soul of that motor, comfort (fairing & seat) and of course the look & feel.

I'm ready for a change but I'm afraid of how I'll feel after the new wears off. I've asked Ben here who owns both (RSV not Tuono) and he gave me great info that made me lean toward the Aprilia then I read Paul's words in this thread and I pause.

I was thinking about that exact same move/problem. Then I read in the newest "Motorcyclist" that the Tuono gets down in the 20's for mpg if you are flagrant with the throttle. I get 35ish all the time with my Nero, with all my motor mods, and NO attempt at maximizing mileage. My conundrum was quickly solved. Your choice may not be as clear cut. That Tuono sure looks like a damn sweet ride... :grin:

I'm worried about this myself. I've been seriously considering a Touno. The down side is it will likely have to replace the LeMans.

I have an Aprilia RSV as well as the V11.

The V11 makes a much better sport tourer by a wide margin.

Aprilia specialize in racing bikes. I enjoy riding the Aprilia, but it is way beyond my capabilities as a rider :D

:2c:

...and the Guzzi doesn't look like a discarded prop from a sci-fi movie ;) . I'm sure I'd love the Tuono's performance but it isn't what I'd call a really good looking bike.

• 8 years later...

Can a fellow own more than one motorcycle at a time??? biggrin.gif

Damn you guys!  I'm back, looking for the "bike I shouldn't have sold", just like you said.  Doh!

I have a line on a 2004 Lemans and a 2000 Sport.  Which way to go?

Have you answered your own question before asking it, Grasshopper? B)