procedure for removing forks

rideblue1

Hi,would anybody on the forum have the correct procedure for removing the front forks on a 2001 V11? I have the front wheel off and mudguard. I have removed standard ie just oil filled front forks from bikes in the past but never done this job on the V11. Any pointers would be much appreciated. Also I was thinking of fitting a fender extender to the front mudguard while I have it off. I believe one intended for either a Yamaha XJR1300 or a Suzuki SV650 will fit,has anyone done this? Thanks.

Hi,would anybody on the forum have the correct procedure for removing the front forks on a 2001 V11? I have the front wheel off and mudguard. I have removed standard ie just oil filled front forks from bikes in the past but never done this job on the V11. Any pointers would be much appreciated. Also I was thinking of fitting a fender extender to the front mudguard while I have it off. I believe one intended for either a Yamaha XJR1300 or a Suzuki SV650 will fit,has anyone done this? Thanks.

Since you have the front wheel and fender off I presume the brake calipers have been removed too. After that all you need to do is loosen the pinch bolts for the clipon handlebars and triple clamps and then slide the forks out. If you're going to remove the fork caps you should loosen them after loosening the top clamp pinch bolts but before loosening the lower clamp bolts.

Everything is easier with a shop manual :luigi: You can buy one from a forum sponsor at the top of the page, buy a digital version on ebay, or find a downloadable one on the web. Someone here can likely provide you with a website for the downloadable one.

Since you have the front wheel and fender off I presume the brake calipers have been removed too. After that all you need to do is loosen the pinch bolts for the clipon handlebars and triple clamps and then slide the forks out. If you're going to remove the fork caps you should loosen them after loosening the top clamp pinch bolts but before loosening the lower clamp bolts.

Everything is easier with a shop manual :luigi: You can buy one from a forum sponsor at the top of the page, buy a digital version on ebay, or find a downloadable one on the web. Someone here can likely provide you with a website for the downloadable one.

Thanks Tom,you'r a gent. Sorting a manual out today :thumbsup:

Hi, in response to your question about fender extender, I fitted a Triumph accessories fender extender part No. A9701040 to my 2002 v11 sport naked which has good length and flows in with the lines of the front mudguard. It is almost a perfect fit, requires no modification and looks made for purpose when fitted. See attached pic. Should be available from any Triumph dealer. Can't remember what model it was for but just use part number above. Cheers. jamesguzzi

V11_Fender.jpg

Hi, in response to your question about fender extender, I fitted a Triumph accessories fender extender part No. A9701040 to my 2002 v11 sport naked which has good length and flows in with the lines of the front mudguard. It is almost a perfect fit, requires no modification and looks made for purpose when fitted. See attached pic. Should be available from any Triumph dealer. Can't remember what model it was for but just use part number above. Cheers. jamesguzzi

That's brilliant James,looks perfect. Thanks a lot for taking the trouble to post a picture and part number. Cheers,John.

Just done a search on the internet and the fender extender part No. is for a Triumph Legend and Adventurer. This came from a UK 2006 Triumph catologue.

Just done a search on the internet and the fender extender part No. is for a Triumph Legend and Adventurer. This came from a UK 2006 Triumph catologue.

Just ordered one from Jack Lilley's for £20:79 including postage,well worth it to keep the muck off. Many thanks to JamesGuzzi.