Rosso Corsa register

Guzzirider

In response to popular demand I am starting a Rosso Corsa register, so we can get an idea of how many bikes were made, and which countries they ended up in.

Everyone who knows anything about bikes knows that the Rosso Corsa is the ultimate edition of the V11, with proper Swedish suspension (not like the cheap and nasty stuff they fitted to the Tenni and Rosso Mandello), and proper clip ons unlike the effeminate high rise bars of the Cafe Sport and Coppa Italia (Grandma has a bad back so she needs high bars!). There are even rumours that the Rosso Corsa had a slightly higher compression motor.

And obviously red is the colour you need on an Italian bike- anything else (black or green for example) is simply wrong.

So let me know who you are, where you are, year of bike and your frame number. Feel free to post a pic too!

I'll start with mine:

Guy Lewis

England

2003 (registered in 2004)

ZGUKTA0103M211228

V11004.jpg

my first post on the forum....

my 2003 RC

I bought it from its original owner in May of this year - it had 750 miles on it.... has a few more now....

Visalia California (central CA)

l

In Kings Canyon Natl Park -

rcinkingscanyon027-1.jpg

Its first track day at Willow Springs CA, after the 2008 National Guzzi Rally in Malibu CA -

CP2_1848.jpg

Everyone who knows anything about bikes knows that the Rosso Corsa is the ultimate edition of the V11, with proper Swedish suspension (not like the cheap and nasty stuff they fitted to the Tenni and Rosso Mandello), and proper clip ons unlike the effeminate high rise bars of the Cafe Sport and Coppa Italia (Grandma has a bad back so she needs high bars!). There are even rumours that the Rosso Corsa had a slightly higher compression motor.

And obviously red is the colour you need on an Italian bike- anything else (black or green for example) is simply wrong.

Guy, you forgot to mention the tasteful draped flag pinstriping as there's no wear to hang your fluffy dice unlike your Saxo (any small hot hatch or even better base model tarted up with body kit and drain pipe exaust)

Any way the pictures are looking good - well those with the fairing still on :)

BTW, I have been told - and I agree - that I need to lose the pink helmet to do the bike justice, but aftermarket pipes are a little higher on the priority list right now.....

It was a gas on the track!!

my first post on the forum....

my 2003 RC

I bought it from its original owner in May of this year - it had 750 miles on it.... has a few more now....

Visalia California (central CA)

l

In Kings Canyon Natl Park -

rcinkingscanyon027-1.jpg

Its first track day at Willow Springs CA, after the 2008 National Guzzi Rally in Malibu CA -

CP2_1848.jpg

I was goin to ask who was the "hottie" on your bike, but that's you!

Well, i don't know about the "hot" part, but thanks for the sentiment!!

And apparently, I'm in good company with the helmet - thanks for posting that!!!

The RC is actually down in LA as I write, getting some custom pipes made for it by a Guzzi friend and welding wizard. Then it will go to Todd E. for a complete "physical", PC III installation, and mapping. Can you imagine how badly I cannot wait to get it back??

Guest gammaguzzi

hello from calgary all! as far as i know my buddy and myself have the only rossa and nero corsas in this neck of the woods(canada), as we both brought them in from the u.s. my nero, we noticed ,sits lower than the rossa . when we go for a cruise we see alot of rubbernecking! ialso have a 2000 sport,also the best color..BLACK, modified with ohlins front and rear, ti system, etc... and it actually handles better than the nero, and goes better. my nero has stucci crossovers, mistral carbon pipes,and apower commander. of course my rg500 suz. will still smoke any guzzi!! regards, GammaGuzzi!