Rosso Corsa register

Guzzirider

Hello,

I live in San Diego, Ca. USA I bought mine from Orange County Motor Sports new in 2005. I guess it was sitting in a warehouse for 2 years somewhere. I have 23,000 miles on it and loooove it! (I traded in my SPII which had 77,000 miles on it.) I don't know why Moto Guzzi would stop making such a refined machine.

I'm now building a Moto Guzzi Car from a kit from a company called Blackjack Zero. I'm using a 2003 Stone motor. I'm considering painting it the same as the Rosso design.

Ganzo

Borrego_Springs_1.jpg

• 2 months later...
In response to popular demand I am starting a Rosso Corsa register, so we can get an idea of how many bikes were made, and which countries they ended up in.

Everyone who knows anything about bikes knows that the Rosso Corsa is the ultimate edition of the V11, with proper Swedish suspension (not like the cheap and nasty stuff they fitted to the Tenni and Rosso Mandello), and proper clip ons unlike the effeminate high rise bars of the Cafe Sport and Coppa Italia (Grandma has a bad back so she needs high bars!). There are even rumours that the Rosso Corsa had a slightly higher compression motor.

And obviously red is the colour you need on an Italian bike- anything else (black or green for example) is simply wrong.

So let me know who you are, where you are, year of bike and your frame number. Feel free to post a pic too!

I'll start with mine:

Guy Lewis

England

2003 (registered in 2004)

ZGUKTA0103M211228

V11004.jpg

I'm Bob from Slidell,La.I just bought my beautiful '03 from Woody in Kentucky with 13K on it site unseen.When it was delivered I was very happy! What a beautiful bike! I was only able to put 20 miles on it before it started raining though.Hasn't stopped yet! That's OK though,I'll just rub on it for a while. Bob

• 5 weeks later...
I'm Bob from Slidell,La.I just bought my beautiful '03 from Woody in Kentucky with 13K on it site unseen.When it was delivered I was very happy! What a beautiful bike! I was only able to put 20 miles on it before it started raining though.Hasn't stopped yet! That's OK though,I'll just rub on it for a while. Bob

I'm Greg from Central Ohio. I traded my buddy Dave who wanted my Ducati Multistrada for his track day instructions, plus to be able to ride the nearby North Georgia Mountains. This is my second Guzzi (first was an SP, many years ago), and what little I've ridden the Rosie Red Racer, I've enjoyed it a great deal.

• 2 months later...
I got to ride my RC home from Los Angeles last Sunday, after getting some custom pipes put on, having a PC installed, and some adjustments made. The sound is now completely out of this world, it looks even better than before, and it rides so sweet, I grinned the entire 7-hour ride home (yes, I took the VERY long way 'round...even got lost on purpose a couple of times).

Pipes courtesy of P "the PipeMaster" Sloan - an absolute genius.

The ride - courtesy of Todd Eagan - he worked his usual magic and turned the bike into a very smooth, pulling, spot-on beast.....

I'm a very lucky girl.....

NewYearsweekend063.jpg

my brother and a friend checking it out....

NewYearsweekend079.jpg

NewYearsweekend051.jpg

Nice bike...and exhaust

• 9 months later...
  • 4 months later...

I think it's time this thread moves up the list a little bit. I just purchased this 03 it has all of 2500 km on it, I have never owned a bike that pulls on my heartstrings like this one. Cherry Blossom (groan) as my wife calls it, the name will probably stick now (groan groan) will now reside along side it's Austrian cousin a KTM 990 Adventure in British Columbia Canada and hopefully will have 10 times that many miles on her in the next year or so.

Anyone know how many of these bikes were made I looked for one for a few years before I found this one

Apologies for having it in the truck but I just picked it up on the weekend and have had no time to get it plated.

PickupApril92010.jpg

DSC00091.jpg

DSC00089.jpg

DSC00087.jpg

DD, Nice looking Rosso! It looks to have most of the most common and very useful mods applied already...footpeg relocator, crossover, MG Ti exhaust, carbon rear hugger. I like the look of the carbon instrument holder too. These are great bikes, that really come into their own with miles. I love my Rosso Corsa, you will too. Welcome and congratulations on your find.

I think it's time this thread moves up the list a little bit. I just purchased this 03 it has all of 2500 km on it, I have never owned a bike that pulls on my heartstrings like this one. Cherry Blossom (groan) as my wife calls it, the name will probably stick now (groan groan) will now reside along side it's Austrian cousin a KTM 990 Adventure in British Columbia Canada and hopefully will have 10 times that many miles on her in the next year or so.

Anyone know how many of these bikes were made I looked for one for a few years before I found this one

Apologies for having it in the truck but I just picked it up on the weekend and have had no time to get it plated.

PickupApril92010.jpg

DSC00091.jpg

DSC00089.jpg

DSC00087.jpg

• 1 month later...

Hello all, got my T3 in 1979, now in the shed awaiting the Great British Winter Rebuild, so I bought a '04 Rosso Corsa. Got it off ebay, never bought a bike like that but it turned out the seller was an ex apprentice where I work so I took a chance. Bike nicer than I expected - we all know how those ebay photos can make things look better than they are. Minor defects are weeping fork seals and missing side panel badges. and that is how I came to the Forum.

Can anyone let me have a reasonably hi-res photo of the LH & RH side panel badges so I can make up a couple of decals until I can get some more cash together?

Had fun on the first ride, after ten or fifteen miles taking it easy around our country lanes I pulled onto the main road and let her go - she went allright, at 85mph I rolled off the throttle but she kept on going - at 105mph I finaly realised it would be a good idea to hit the kill switch ( never done that before in forty years of riding). Once stopped and after my heartbeat slowed I tried to restart it to no avail. Called a mate, he rolled up to laugh until he saw how white I was, we found the rear Ohlins remote reservoir was mounted too far foward and the white plastic adjuster under the left throttle body had hooked around the pipe fitting! A further look found a spurious wire running from the starter relay and coiled up under the tank, the normal lead to the starter had dropped off - probably in the unrequested mad dash I had just undertaken. I guess whoever fitted the "Get you home" wire had missmounted the reservoir. Once the starter wire was hooked back on and the reservoir remounted all was well and off I went home. Told the lads at work who wondered what I had done to upset the apprentice and admired his cunning way of seeking revenge.

Hello all, got my T3 in 1979, now in the shed awaiting the Great British Winter Rebuild, so I bought a '04 Rosso Corsa. Got it off ebay, never bought a bike like that but it turned out the seller was an ex apprentice where I work so I took a chance. Bike nicer than I expected - we all know how those ebay photos can make things look better than they are. Minor defects are weeping fork seals and missing side panel badges. and that is how I came to the Forum.

Can anyone let me have a reasonably hi-res photo of the LH & RH side panel badges so I can make up a couple of decals until I can get some more cash together?

Had fun on the first ride, after ten or fifteen miles taking it easy around our country lanes I pulled onto the main road and let her go - she went allright, at 85mph I rolled off the throttle but she kept on going - at 105mph I finaly realised it would be a good idea to hit the kill switch ( never done that before in forty years of riding). Once stopped and after my heartbeat slowed I tried to restart it to no avail. Called a mate, he rolled up to laugh until he saw how white I was, we found the rear Ohlins remote reservoir was mounted too far foward and the white plastic adjuster under the left throttle body had hooked around the pipe fitting! A further look found a spurious wire running from the starter relay and coiled up under the tank, the normal lead to the starter had dropped off - probably in the unrequested mad dash I had just undertaken. I guess whoever fitted the "Get you home" wire had missmounted the reservoir. Once the starter wire was hooked back on and the reservoir remounted all was well and off I went home. Told the lads at work who wondered what I had done to upset the apprentice and admired his cunning way of seeking revenge.

PM me you email and exactly what you want and I can go snap a couple for your

PM me you email and exactly what you want and I can go snap a couple for your

Hope I am using this reply correctly, I am looking for a picture of the two badges that are attached to the side panels, I expect they say something like "V11 Lemans" with a chequered flag. The bike is a 2003 V11 Le Mans Rosso Corsa although it was registered in the first half of 2004 the frame number suggests it was made in 2003. Having just bought the bike I cannot afford the £40 for spares. I can make a decal and encapsulate it for the time being. Many thanks, Bob.

It is lso a hologram that says "money pit"... The v11 Sport ( or whatever your bike is) is a decal and the rectangular flag thing is a glued on plastic emblem. You should be able to find it or them here or a member can post a direction for you....

Good luck on your bike !

It is lso a hologram that says "money pit"... The v11 Sport ( or whatever your bike is) is a decal and the rectangular flag thing is a glued on plastic emblem. You should be able to find it or them here or a member can post a direction for you....

Good luck on your bike !

My aren't you a bundle of joy :bbblll: Any way I don't know where to get the emblems but I sent you some hi def pictures from my bike, which I love and really has not cost me anymore than any of my other bikes

enjoy your new bike 68C

I have willingly put $3k + in and on my bike. I can call it my "succubus" if I want. Come to think of it, maybe that is a better word.

• 2 weeks later...