Rosso Corsa register

Guzzirider

Looking at other's pics of their RC... yes, the valve cover should be red.

Kane, aside from some minor imperfections (paint nicks on left porkchop, dents in right canister) it seems to be relatively well preserved. Unfortunately and neurotically, I'm used to perfection in all things Guzzi. On top of that I had forgotten the difference in ergonomics between my previous 01 Sport and 04 Coppa and the LeMans. Priced 'bout right though.. but he might raise price now that Ive told him what an exclusive model he has. Nice fellow and easy to deal with, not like the drama Ive come to expect from Craigslist.

• Like 2

My pork chops look like a 10 yr old with a chipping hammer had an afternoon to play with them . Perfection ? You drag a tool box drawer across a four coat of clear on a CF front fender . I went from Klingon to Ghandi in a few minutes . I realized there are worse things in life than scratches . 

• Haha 4

• 3 months later...

I'm certainly hoping this will be welcome here 

02 /03 I think ? European model I think .... Holland ? Anyway here in the U.K. Now and UK registered , i restored it last year , think it looks ok now. 

ZGUKTA0202M211144

IMG-1545.jpg
IMG-1546.jpg
IMG-1547.jpg

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Dietcokeman said:

I'm certainly hoping this will be welcome here 

02 /03 I think ? European model I think .... Holland ? Anyway here in the U.K. Now and UK registered , i restored it last year , think it looks ok now. 

ZGUKTA0202M211144

IMG-1545.jpg
IMG-1546.jpg
IMG-1547.jpg

Beautiful bike..what exhaust is that?

• 2 months later...
On 5/27/2019 at 8:47 PM, footgoose said:

However she started life, she's undergone some changes. Many RC's get painted because of the bubbled decals. The brown chops and valve covers, with Ohlins, suggests a converted Cafe' Sport maybe. Still... a very nice machine Jwatch, and welcome to the forum!

I’m just logging in again after quite awhile and am intrigued to learn my bike is not an RC. Any help on how best to figure out what I have is appreciated. 

The background is that the bike had a dealer title until the guy I bought it from purchased it. With the low mileage, my theory is that it was damaged during a test ride at the dealer. There is evidence of re-paint and other queues that it was dropped on it’s left side. Nicely repaired, but clearly damaged at some point.

Anyway, what is the best way to identify the model I have?

guzzi.jpg

[docc added image]

2 hours ago, jwatches said:

I’m just logging in again after quite awhile and am intrigued to learn my bike is not an RC. Any help on how best to figure out what I have is appreciated. 

The background is that the bike had a dealer title until the guy I bought it from purchased it. With the low mileage, my theory is that it was damaged during a test ride at the dealer. There is evidence of re-paint and other queues that it was dropped on it’s left side. Nicely repaired, but clearly damaged at some point.

Anyway, what is the best way to identify the model I have?

did you try running your vin through here?  http://static.piaggio.com/recall/form-piaggio_en.html

It may answer the question. Otherwise my guess is still Cafe Sport, just because of the brown pork chops...

Moto Guzzi V 11 Café sport

It is apparently a V11 CAFE SPORT US 2004, so hat's off to you @footgoose.  So what are the big differences?  I have a carbon front fender, carbon side covers and the full Ohlins set-up front and rear.  The matching gold wheels also appear to be original. Is it primarily cosmetic and limited production?  Honestly, I assumed it was an RC based on the paint.

• Like 1

All V11 from 2003 (past the '02 carryover bikes} to 2005 are the same base model. Differences are in 'packages'. Sport or LeMans, "specials" and limited editions. After that it's just color and accessories. IMO the Cafe Sport and Coppa Italia are the best equipped of the Sport line. The Rosso and Nero Corsa the top line LeMans. That being Ohlins equipped from the factory. Some models had other high end bits as standard. Mostly carbon fiber. I don't think any stock wheels were gold. These models listed command somewhat higher prices than base models. No performance differences.

You have a beautiful bike. If you love it like it is, keep it like it is.

For your consideration: the only thing I don't much care for on the standard Cafe Sport is the fixed sport fly screen. Wouldn't it be nice to have a fully faired Cafe Sport in stock color?

maybe someone could photoshop one :helmet:

So mine is a V11 Lemans "sport" based on the VIN, with the full Ohlins suspension (it also has the adjustable, remote reservoir rear Ohlins), and a full fairing with non-standard paint possibly added after sale?  I do love the bike and am simply interested in it's possible history.  It was strange that it had 2000 miles on it and the guy I bought it from said he was the first titled owner having bought it only a year or so previously (at auction if memory serves me right). There is a decade of mystery I am interested in figuring out.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, jwatches said:

After viewing a few VIN check sites, it appears that it started life as a Sport and is specifically called out as an "unfaired" model. Hmmm.....

As footgoose pointed out, with the frame side plate (and valve cover) coloration, as well as the Öhlins, looks to be a (converted) Café Sport.

Does the top triple clamp show evidence of handlebar mounts? What do the side covers say?