Rosso Corsa register

Guzzirider

Never seen a Rosso Corsa with higher bars, you know sellers.    Beautiful bike, I prefer black rear fender and grayish wheels.

Cheers Tom.

• Like 3

23 hours ago, Motiv8ed said:

... I might like to convert back to either stock clip ons or quality aftermarket units...

Do that. B)

I find the riding position on my 2002 Le Mans very comfortable.

And the clip-ons look much cooler... :whistle:

EDIT: PS, a black hugger might be better. That red one has something akin to dog's balls. :grin:

I'm with the others...go back to stock on the wheel colors and black on the hugger.  If you can't find a stock set of clip on handlebars, you may be able to use some convertibars: https://convertibars.3dcartstores.com/Moto-Guzzi-V11-Lemans-Bike-Specific-Kit_p_200.html

Happy riding, they are great bikes, love mine for over 20 years now!

Regarding the infamous bubbling under the decals on the tank-looking for suggestions/solutions to rectify. Have a few bubbles in obscure areas. Has anyone had success just piercing the bottom of a subject bubble and applying heat from a heat gun?

10 hours ago, Motiv8ed said:

Regarding the infamous bubbling under the decals on the tank-looking for suggestions/solutions to rectify. Have a few bubbles in obscure areas. Has anyone had success just piercing the bottom of a subject bubble and applying heat from a heat gun?

I had two small bubbles on my RC tank prior to coating the inside with Caswell "Dragon Blood" epoxy.  I did use a small needle to pierce the paint layer.  There actually was water/ or alcohol emulsion inside the blister, which I pushed out.  I didn't apply heat ( and I don't think heat is a good idea here).  I did this probably 15 years ago and now the only person who notices any difference in the paint, is probably me...its really hard to see the small pin hole, and the paint/graphic layer looks good.  My blisters were small, so I can't say this would work for you, just my experience, FWIW

• Like 1

I've done it on all brand's with  these tank bubbles..ie: Moto Guzzi, Aprilia, Ducati's..As you mentioned..I use a larger sized needle ( as in leather sewing) pierce the bubbles and then lightly heat with a gun and hold the spot down with my thumb, sometimes you may have to pierce in more than one spot if a big bubble....usually works very well. I had a black  Aprilia tank which had 0ver 25 bubbles..when I finished you could barely tell.

The thing is..whenever I have done this I also removed the tank for at least a few weeks, ( couple months if possible in thhe off season) washed it out with hot water and dish soap and let it dry out real well..then sometimes In the winter I stuck a hair drier in the top and let it run on low all day. I also usually caswell treat the tank after before installing .

The results are very good..the tank is back to original size and the bubbles dont show..I have had some for a couple years after and they never returned.

Worth all the trouble imo if its an otherwise nicely painted original tank.

• Like 4

• 3 months later...