Rosso Corsa register

Guzzirider

Well, i don't know about the "hot" part, but thanks for the sentiment!!

And apparently, I'm in good company with the helmet - thanks for posting that!!!

The RC is actually down in LA as I write, getting some custom pipes made for it by a Guzzi friend and welding wizard. Then it will go to Todd E. for a complete "physical", PC III installation, and mapping. Can you imagine how badly I cannot wait to get it back??

These bikes are fun, but they can become money pits!

• 2 weeks later...

1234_edited_1.jpg[attachme

nt=8761:Rosso_edited_1.jpg]Rosso Corsa #ZGUKTC0083M111228 checking in!

Purchased new on 4/02/04 in from Vespa New Orleans.

She's been a great ride, rock solid, no problems save a cracked left header replaced under warranty within the first year of riding. I bought her because I wanted something different, that I could do all the maintenance on, that handled well and could do some miles without complaining. ;)

I did most of the recommended performance mods....

Mistral Ti oval exhaust

Stucchi X-over

FBF airlid removal kit

Power commander....custom "Seat of pants" mapping

Mobil 1 full synthetic oil in the engine

Pirelli Diablo Tires

Some of the comfort stuff I changed to my liking...

CRG adjustible levers

Superbike grips

Stainless heavy barends with cruise control

Lowered footpegs

Rich Maund Seat with Gel pad -nice! Recommended!

MRA extended windscreen

Fourmotion temp and clock

Guzzi Tank Bag - RKA soft bags for traveling

Some of the just for looks stuff I added....

Stuchhi carbon rear hugger

carbon inlay on top triple clamp

Rosso Puro black anodized head guards

Temperature reading dipstick

I was amazed to get the "Best Spine Frame" award at the US National Guzzi Ralley this year...what a great time!

Here is Red, taken at the Rally, down at Malibu, earlier this year:

So, you didn't think that you could get away with the "more fun than Tenni's" did ya?? :oldgit:

You bunch of pretty boys, with your pretty coloured bikes, humph!! :bbblll:

So what V11 is in the museum? a Scura? No!

a Rosso Corsa? No!

:notworthy: a Tenni ?........................YES!!!

and what V11 laped the Isle of Man?

:race: a Tenni !........................YES!!!

and what V11 do the coolest dudes ride?

:whistle: a Tenni !........ :blush: ....YES!!!!

and which group of V11 owners got their s@#t together first and got "their"registry going first??

:sun: THE TENNISTA !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :thumbsup:

All joking aside, glad you and the Scura and the other limited run V11 varients are making registries up, with bikes like ours that are so rare to begin with it's a good idea to keep track of them and this form is the best thanks to Jaap

:bier:

Cheers

Van

So what V11 is in the museum? a Scura? No!

a Rosso Corsa? No!

:notworthy: a Tenni ?........................YES!!! (well it belongs in a museum- Rossa Corsas are being ridden and enjoyed!!)and what V11 laped the Isle of Man?

:race: a Tenni !........................YES!!! (which bike broke down while racing on the IOM- yes a Tenni!)and what V11 do the coolest dudes ride?

:whistle: a Tenni !........ :blush: ....YES!!!! :lol::lol::lol:

and which group of V11 owners got their s@#t together first and got "their"registry going first??

:sun: THE TENNISTA !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :thumbsup: (you mean that forum that nobody ever uses??? :D )

In response to popular demand I am starting a Rosso Corsa register, so we can get an idea of how many bikes were made, and which countries they ended up in.

Everyone who knows anything about bikes knows that the Rosso Corsa is the ultimate edition of the V11, with proper Swedish suspension (not like the cheap and nasty stuff they fitted to the Tenni and Rosso Mandello), and proper clip ons unlike the effeminate high rise bars of the Cafe Sport and Coppa Italia (Grandma has a bad back so she needs high bars!). There are even rumours that the Rosso Corsa had a slightly higher compression motor.

And obviously red is the colour you need on an Italian bike- anything else (black or green for example) is simply wrong.

So let me know who you are, where you are, year of bike and your frame number. Feel free to post a pic too!

I'll start with mine:

Guy Lewis

England

2003 (registered in 2004)

ZGUKTA0103M211228

V11004.jpg

Guzzirider I hate to admit it but much as I love my naked sport them Rosso Corsa's look damn nice to me ,Don

All the best roads in Yorkshire, ideal for the Corsa

but I've defected at the moment, have a Guzzi with hanging Tits

Boxer_cup.jpg

Boxer cup replica, thats a great bike! I ride with BMW tech once in a while who has one and its pretty impressive. I especially like the factory hard bags set up works great.

And it's a noisy bugger! :o

Dave will be back when he has managed to get the battery out this winter :P

He really is a V11 man under the skin ;)

part ex'd a R1100 sport for a Breva so know all about getting batteries out just wait till you change the air filter now thats real fun but boy did it go around corners and practical too unfortunately for Mr BMW it just didn't have the heart of a big Guzzi and never stirred my soul like the V-11 is doing ,maybe not as quick as the BM,I wont find out till the roads are ice free but I only press that button and listen to that V-Twin roar and I'm in nirvana who need's drugs for a high,well maybe sometimes,just joking :rolleyes: .Don