Rosso Corsa register

Guzzirider

Guest wyrtyr2

Hello from Northern Wisconsin. I bought my Rosso new from Jim Figgins( Ned's) Around 3000 miles-not sure as the speedo has broke twice. Love her, sorry no current pic, as it is -10F and 40 inches of snow. She is snugged away on trickle charge awaiting our anticipated riding season. Happy Holidays to all my Guzzi brothers and sisters. Tom

• 3 weeks later...

I got to ride my RC home from Los Angeles last Sunday, after getting some custom pipes put on, having a PC installed, and some adjustments made. The sound is now completely out of this world, it looks even better than before, and it rides so sweet, I grinned the entire 7-hour ride home (yes, I took the VERY long way 'round...even got lost on purpose a couple of times).

Pipes courtesy of P "the PipeMaster" Sloan - an absolute genius.

The ride - courtesy of Todd Eagan - he worked his usual magic and turned the bike into a very smooth, pulling, spot-on beast.....

I'm a very lucky girl.....

NewYearsweekend063.jpg

my brother and a friend checking it out....

NewYearsweekend079.jpg

NewYearsweekend051.jpg

It's good to have you back online. What all was replaced on the exhaust system? I do have to tell you you started out on the best bike (if it is your first) available.

p.s. this will be your first MG.........

I do like the exhausts :wub: ! Any chance of the production of a (limited) series? This being said, I do realise that meeting European noise restrictions may be problematic :rolleyes:

I'll start with a disclaimer: I'm pretty mechanically-challenged, so may not explain things correctly or use the proper terminology, but hopefully you can all get the drift!!! The entire pipe system was replaced, from the head pipes on back. The stock head pipes were clattering and flapping around pretty badly, coz they were loose at each connection to the front perpendicular pipe. there was a stock crossover, i believe. P. Sloan did a whole new exhaust system. I told him I didn't want it to sound obnoxiously loud - he hit it just right somehow. The sound is throaty and wicked, not obnoxious.

Todd Eagan then went thru the bike, adjusted the valves and throttle bodies, put in the PC from my husband's wrecked Ballabio, and did a downloaded map (I didn't give him time to get it on a dyno - my impatience - will do later), and did some other tinkering. As some of you may know, Todd is a total guru - i'm so lucky to have found him somehow.... And a helluva great guy in general. He and P have turned a great bike into a total jewel, IMHO.

The RC isn't my first bike - my first street bike was a 1973 Honda CB 360, which i started riding in 1979. Awesome bike. Ridden off and off since then, getting back into riding in a big way about 5 years ago, starting off with a new Bonnie. Then got a 2001 Monster 900, last year a 2007 Yammie FZ1, then the RC to round out the stable. My husband has had the Ballabio and a Scura, which he also got separated from, doing a track day. Only injuries were to the bike.... He also has a Triumph Sprint and 675. The cars are in the driveway, needless to say....

Only thing now: speedo and odo on the RC are shot - not uncommon? Looking for some veglia gauges to install? in the meantime, a bicycle odo? I have to find that thread on here about that - saw it some time back.

Thanks for your interest and comments, and sharing in my JOY!!!!

Jami,

You will have to communicate with someone who has a bike speedo on their Guzzi. I bought one from Performance (bicycle) Bike. I think it was a CATEYE brand. I finally got it and it will not work because of mounting and clearance issues.

Gene

John in Leeds thats not a caravan you are hiding in the background!

OMG! I've been sussed :o

Bought it 04 to take my disabled mum and auntie on holidays (need to be close to a toilet when travelling and have limited mobility, that's mum not me ;) ). Sadly Aunt has now passed on and mum cannot leave the house so caravan has been sold. Must confess I loved those holidays particularly in France. May get another (smaller one) or camper in the future when I get some decent time away from care responsibilities.

Hi everyone

iakovos diamantidis from thessaloniki greece (BOTM december)

mine rosso corsa was bought in 2006 from Italy used with very few km

now has 16.000

it is the only rosso corsa in greece as i know by far

i love every single bolt of this bike

the sound with the mivvs , the crossover and the pods is the best of the best melody......!

rosso_corsa.jpg

• 4 weeks later...

I brought my Rosso home from the dyno shop in Fresno, CA last Friday night, and it is running just superbly. The one pre-mapping issue it had - power flattening out around 5300 rpms and above - is gone. It pulls strong and uniformly all the way through the power band. Coming home on the freeway Fri nite, I chickened out at 6500 in 5th gear, coz I was moving so fast and still accelerating (speed unknown coz speedo is still dead). This weekend, in the daylight, got past 7000 rpms and same thing - it was still pulling as hard as at 4500. The bike now is only limited by the quality of the rider (which I would know...) - it feels like it just dances on the road.

Sat, my hubby David and a friend and I went riding - D insisted on riding the RC since he's going to be out of town for a few weeks and unable to ride. (Alas, I had to settle for my FZ...) At least I got to ride it the last 50 miles home.... Our friend Bruce shot some video of D riding it on Hwy 190 going into Sequoia Natl Park. The custom pipes sound much better in person, but here's a little taste at least....

th_GuzziMagic.jpg

a few stills from the ride:

rconyokohl-190052.jpg

rconyokohl-190050.jpg

rconyokohl-190039.jpg

rconyokohl-190004.jpg

I absolutely adore the bike.

• 2 months later...

hi,

I have had my 03 Rosso since 04, got it in the crate with 0 miles. Live in Baltimore Md

Don't ride it as much due to wrist/elbow issues. Around town the hands start to tingle and fall asleep... very sad thing.

Anyone have a Convert they don't need any more? My left arm will require surgery soon.... yucch

I have modded an airbox lid I got off ebay, added a K&N, Staintunes, and an FBF crossover as well as MPH bar risers.

I was going to sell my Corse, but made the mistake of taking it out for a ride. I like my Triumph Thunderbird, I love my Guzzi! in moves my soul.

AJ

newbike.JPG

• 1 month later...

No photo to add but I have an '03 Rosso Corsa bought from the original purchaser who lived in Portland, OR, it now resides in St. Charles, IL.

Unfortunately, the dealer, who "knows better", removed the PCIII and it how runs like crap and I can't afford to replace it and I don't trust the dealer to re-tune via the Guzzi tuning tool. Any suggestions?

This is, by far, the most uncomfortable bike I have in my stable, but the only one that I'm really passionate about. Get on her and ride, WHAHOO! I'm in love~!

Lance