Nero Corsa Register

savagehenry

030_30.JPG

The Nero Corsa, the "Black Racer". Perhaps the rarest variant of the V11 Sport/LeMans series, produced only in the final year of the V11's production. The inimitable Moto Guzzi sound and feel. The handling confidence inspired as only the Ohlins upgrade package can do. The stunning dark gray on black, the tasteful splashes of red.The true embodiment of "motorcycle as kinetic art". The one you SEE, standing out in the crowded field of the same ol' red bikes. And you, dear reader, know this to be true, in your dark little motorcycling heart: "REAL motorcycles only come in one color...BLACK." :notworthy::mg::wub:

• Like 1

I LUST, THEREFORE I AM! one day i hope to join the registry.. the Nero Corsa is the PEAK of Moto Guzzi design chic! If i could only have one bike, GOD please send me a Nero... I'll trade my '02 LeMans and a very special '80 Convert for ONE! or will trade you 2 Converts, one has a '98 EV powerhouse w/all the operating systems and upgraded EV Brembo's, HB bags, EV seat, SP body, you know it... trade me your NerO!

IMG_0572.jpg

Guest gammaguzzi

i believe i may have one of the only neros in canuckland. my buddy has a rossa, and it may be the only one in these parts as well. the nero sits a good inch or more lower than the rossa . it appears the ohlins may be alittle shorter. anyone else ever notice this? my nero has a stucci cross o, mistral carbon pipes, and power commander. i also have a 2000 sport, also the best color... black, with ohlins front and rear, ti system, lots of carbon, corbin seat, etc.. the sport will outhandle the nero (tighter rake and shorter wheel base). it also goes better and sounds better with the factory ti setup, but it is close. the nero is nicer for highway cruising, and the sport is better just for hot rodding around. of course , my rg500 suz. will still smoke the pair of them!!GAMMAGUZZI!!!

I noticed you're 50 yrs. old with two dirt bikes. I was 50 when I broke 4 ribs,1 big toe,sprained my right wrist,bruised my right heel and donated my RM 125 to my girlfriend's son.

p.s. For those of you who have never ridden a dirt bike, only Pegasus could feel any better!

Guest gammaguzzi
I noticed you're 50 yrs. old with two dirt bikes. I was 50 when I broke 4 ribs,1 big toe,sprained my right wrist,bruised my right heel and donated my RM 125 to my girlfriend's son.

p.s. For those of you who have never ridden a dirt bike, only Pegasus could feel any better!

hey gstallons..only real men ride dirtbikes,and a proper size is at least a250 for riding in the rockies......no traffic..no cops...and no people, and fresh air. been riding and racing since i was 14! luckilly i know my limitations by now and pick the good lines!! GAMMAGUZZI

I got my Nero Corsa from Mike Haven several years ago. Beautiful machine. The Ohlin suspension makes the bike ride higher than my Sport Naked. Same with my Cafe Sport. Both bikes have been gone through and resprung to my weight by GMD Computrack down in Georgia.

Wick

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
bike_pictures_003__800x600_.jpgshot of my nero and sport

Any Nero Corsa owners in the mid-atlantic (or further afield for the right bike/ price) interested in selling their beloved?

Someone bought the NOS Nero Corsa from FBF right before I got things lined up...

Anyone? Interested buyer for the right bike.

Any Nero Corsa owners in the mid-atlantic (or further afield for the right bike/ price) interested in selling their beloved?

Someone bought the NOS Nero Corsa from FBF right before I got things lined up...

nero_corsa_four_twenty.jpgIf that was the bike they had on their "current inventory" page, it was a missprint. I bought the bike almost two years ago, but they forgot to remove it from that part of their site. Too bad, because you were on the right track. Man, I love that bike like no other I have owned so far... :race:Being the most coveted of all the V11's, they are tough to find. Keep at it, and Good Luck :thumbsup:

nero_corsa_four_twenty.jpgI bought the bike almost two years ago, but they forgot to remove it from that part of their site. Too bad, because you were on the right track. ... Good Luck :thumbsup:

Then I effing hate you.... LOL / just kidding, ^_^:lol:

That said... they told me it "just sold" back in December when I inquired... oh well.

I see a couple Tenni units for sale, but the Nero Corsa is my first choice.

Anyone (savagehenry?) interested in selling? Styling aside, and I know abuot the Ohlin suspension, what (any) other differences are there mechanically? I've seen Tenni models can have engine case paint peeling, any other known issues with either Corsa or Tenni models?

Then I effing hate you.... LOL / just kidding, ^_^:lol:Your jealousy is understandable, it's a great bike! :lol:

I see a couple Tenni units for sale, but the Nero Corsa is my first choice. A wise choice on many levels...

Anyone (savagehenry?) interested in selling? Styling aside, and I know abuot the Ohlin suspension, what (any) other differences are there mechanically? I've seen Tenni models can have engine case paint peeling, any other known issues with either Corsa or Tenni models?

I think the only other major mechanical differences between the Nero and Tenni are:

-A double plated clutch and 9.5:1 piston compression ratio for the Nero

-A single plate and 9:1, plus a seat SO UGLY that MG was forced to throw in a second, for the Tenni. Also, not certain if the front exhaust X over came on any Tenni's.

Oh,and IF my bike EVER goes up for sale, it would likely have to be by "my estate" :o NEROS RULE!!!