Nero Corsa Register

savagehenry

Congrats on the new bike, Splicer!!!

Mine has, and remains, the most favorite bike of the ones I've owned so far. Those Ohlins truly transform the ride over a standard suspension, huh? If you ever decide to excede the speed limit on a isolated stretch of twisty road I bet you'll really be singin' a happy tune in your helmet. I know because I have occasionally done this, by accident, in some of the areas around my place.

Any other details? What's the mileage? Looks like you've still got the stock exhaust, any mods or changes? Cool to see another one out there used for what they are intended for. Kinetic art, not simply a statue of one of the best looking bikes ever produced!

I'm the second owner and the first owner is four inches taller and 35 pounds lighter than me, so I think those Ohlins are going to have to be set up for me before I really get to appreciate them. The bike has 9000 miles on it and... modifications? Well, it's got a Rich Maund seat (that I think I might want to get re-modified due to the dissimilar ergos of the previous owner). The stock airbox has been replaced with a pair of pod filters and the bike has a USB PC-III. Munroe Motors here in SF did the pre-sale inspection for me and along with the list of minor issues they wrote, "K + N air filters with evap plumbing properly installed! Very nice." Very comforting to hear that.

The Nero Corsa is about 50 pounds lighter than my Stone was and has what, 20 more horses? It's funny how a heavier bike can feel like it's more powerful because during acceleration more weight transfers to the rear. Instead of that grunting powerful feel that I got when I twisted the throttle of the Stone, the Nero Corsa just goes faster.

I'm still getting used to the controls. I've hit the horn a couple times when reaching for the turn signals and I still have to look to find the sidestand when I stop the bike. The Stone has the signals above the horn and the Nero Corsa's horn is above the turn signal switch. I find that odd considering that they were the same model year.

I've definitely been singing a happy tune in my helmet! I'm tempted to take it out today for more than a quick spin, but it's Sunday so the roads will be pretty crowded. Might take it out tomorrow instead since I make my own hours and if I get work done today I can take tomorrow off. It's supposed to be sunnier tomorrow as well. Although I'm seeing the sun peek out from between the clouds now... I'll probably at least take a ride up Twin Peaks or out to the ocean today.

The Nero Corsa is about 50 pounds lighter than my Stone was and has what, 20 more horses?
well seems ya do learn something new every day... ya 20hp less, naaaa all 1100's are rated the same 91hp, so went looking and bugger me, stone is 74hp. Why on earth did and what did MG do?

Which IIRC, failed... so all hydro lift modles were down on hp?

Well, it depends what you mean by "failed." AFAIK the 2003-2005 Californias were the only models to get hydraulic lifters. My understanding is that it is the nature of the beast for hydraulic lifters to be heavier than pushrods, and that's the explanation I've heard as to why the Stone had fewer horses.

There was a recall on models with hydraulic lifters but it didn't involve replacing them with non-hydraulic pushrods. My Stone had the recall service done before I got the bike. It was a beautifully smooth motor, and the valves never needed adjustment. While it lost 17 or 18 horses, the torque rating only dropped by four foot pounds. Note too that our shaft drives eat up a chunk of our motors' power but we usually don't hear Guzzi riders complaining about the shaft drive.

The public became afraid to buy hydro Guzzis and they were discontinued (note that the next model of California—the Vintage—had solid pushrods.) So in that sense, the hydraulic valve experiment failed, but the Stone's motor was IMO far from a failure.

Yeah I didnt mean the bike was a failer, the hydro set up was again IIRC a few here something in the head gear was to soft and wore fast causing the tappits to rattle like hell.

HP I know is eleravent, some say shafties wont wheelie and neither will a Guzzi... but my nero lofts it up nice under power in 1st only ofcourse, keeping it there is a art form I should really stop rying to perfect (dumbarse I know)and as we know the V11 is a mear 83hp at the rear.

HP I know is eleravent, some say shafties wont wheelie and neither will a Guzzi... but my nero lofts it up nice under power in 1st only ofcourse, keeping it there is a art form I should really stop rying to perfect (dumbarse I know)and as we know the V11 is a mear 83hp at the rear.

I've been taking it easy seeing as how I'm still within the first 72 hours of riding the Nero Corsa, but I've already felt that front wheel go light. I've a feeling that it wouldn't take much to wheelie. Front wheel left the ground on the Stone three times in the six years I owned it. It wasn't easy, but if that bike will wheelie, any shaftie will.

• 2 months later...

I've been taking it easy seeing as how I'm still within the first 72 hours of riding the Nero Corsa, but I've already felt that front wheel go light. I've a feeling that it wouldn't take much to wheelie.

Ohhh it does take a bit, dont worry winding it on wont land ya in the shit, ya have to button off (so as forks dive)then wrap it... funny thing is I only relised this last year till then I'd been clutching it LMFAO.

Dont spose you have looked into the production number of the nero? as far as I know mines the only one in NZ/OZ seems they all went State side?

• 10 months later...

Nice example of the breed, KenH,

Good to see the registery active again. You can tell by the other models much higher volume of chatter that it is, in fact, that OUR Nero's are truly the rariest, thus most highly coveted of all the varients! Here's another pic of mine,

:notworthy::mg::wub:

420 front left.jpg

• 4 weeks later...

Nice example of the breed, KenH,

Good to see the registery active again. You can tell by the other models much higher volume of chatter that it is, in fact, that OUR Nero's are truly the rariest, thus most highly coveted of all the varients! Here's another pic of mine,

:notworthy::mg::wub:

420 front left.jpg

Hi Guys.......... been eye balling these for a while......... just wondering if there might be some one out there in U.S/Can that may have a prestine Low /Low milage Unmolested Nero that they may be willing to part with??

Pm me with any info........ Cheers

• 2 months later...

Folks,

Just became a '06 Nero Corsa owner after lusting after a friends for ages! Bought it secondhand in UK with only 3800 miles on clock - absolutely pristine and I think its only the second one in Ireland.

Have put up a good few miles already around the spectacular 'Ring of Kerry' road where I live.

Now, if I could only figure out why the fuel pump relay keeps blowing........................!!!!

Folks,

Just became a '06 Nero Corsa owner after lusting after a friends for ages! Bought it secondhand in UK with only 3800 miles on clock - absolutely pristine and I think its only the second one in Ireland.

Have put up a good few miles already around the spectacular 'Ring of Kerry' road where I live.

Now, if I could only figure out why the fuel pump relay keeps blowing........................!!!!

Fuel pump relay ?

Folks,

Fuel pump relay ?

New to this and am sure that I should be directing this to a technical forum but anyway:

Motor died during a (spirited) run a while ago. She wouldn't restart and I noticed that I couldn't hear the fuel pump kicking in when I turned on the ignition. Assumed it was a relay and ran into a nearby auto electrician, got a replacement and popped it in at the side of the road. Hey presto, she fired up and ran fine until Saturday when she wouldn't start in the garage. Again the fuel pump was silent, so put in another relay (from a breakers yard!)and she's fine since. Your reply suggests that I might be barking up the wrong tree. Any pointer to a relevant technical thread?

If ever MG have a relay blow its the fuel pump, lights etc one... way to much load for just one relay IMO. Odd that a V11 to do it tho, was more a sport issue.

Check earths out and even add more, other wise a beter quality relay than the origional.