tank removal and ventura fitting

donsgone

Hi All,as a new owner of a V-11 sport (naked) I've looked through the preety uselless owners manual looking on how to remove the tank ,I think it's fairly simmilar to my previous calli ev but dont want take the chance on busting something underneath I can't see so any advice please,also am thinking of putting a ventuta luggage rack on it aswell ,now I have a set of "L" brackets near new that came off a BMW R1100 sport and was wondering can they be adapted to fit with a bit of modification on the lugs etc,if any one has pics of the brackets where they pick up on the V-11 maybe I can fit the present "L" brackets without buying new (again)Thanks .Don

Hi !

It is quite easy, not as easy as on the latest models but still quite easy. Start with right side. First close the fuel cock, disconnect the fuel reserve sensor, take out the hoose from the pet-cock. (use some tissues as petrol will flow from the hoose). Then the left side. Simply disconnect the hoose from the left side and voilá! just loose the nut under the seat and the tank is free :)

You can also close the right cock and put the ignition on to drew the fuel from the hoose...

Don't worry, you will make it :thumbsup:

It's easy.Hopefully the tank is NOT full!

Remove the 13mm head bolt at the rear (hopefully you removed the seat) of the tank and start picking up on the rear of the tank. disconnect what stops you at each stage of removal. When EVERYTHING is disconnected slide the tank rearward just a little and remove the tank from the bike.Have someone with you to help the first time you do this.If you want to modify the airbox or replace the filter(s), now is the time !