The Café Racer version

belfastguzzi

Paul talked a few times about knocking a Bellagio into a Café Racer.

guzzi_940_caferacer_fairing.jpg

"World motorcycle show in Milan are close to, information about new models begin to percolate, magazines bring drawings of their options. We caught the reports on the upcoming Café Racer Moto Guzzi and quite seriously, we reflect on how it may look.

Motorbike-style Café Racer is one of the Moto Guzzi almost from the beginning of this movement. Most of the conversion based on Tontiho frame (Le Mans, T5, etc., etc.), all unnecessary light on the matter. 940 Café Racer is a modern concept based on more current models:

Served as a basis for the Bellagio, because the wire wheels, exhausts and a stylish overall mood is something cheerfully. The front part of the frame is new - neck management is significantly lower angle of management is sharper. Handlebars are attached directly to the carrier fork tubes, steps and pedals shifted up and back for sportovnější posaz.

Long low fuel tank was modifications tank model Daytona, the Passat engine is made in accordance with the model MGS-01. The front wing is lighter original wing Bellagio.

Polokapotáž is viable and a little larger version of the one which produced Magni for the V11. Racing numbers belong to the genre.

Okay, so soon introduced Café Racer certainly does not look like, rather it is a retro, reminiscent půvdní V7 Sport, but such conversion was behind the attempt, huh?"

Huh, indeed. B)

dark places where you come?

Nice try, but proportions are wrong. Tank is to long, and original seat/ mudgard doesn't look good either.

this one still looks better, and imagine this in Lm1 style, red, with the small fairing, flat black exhausts in duc 900ss style, I think thy are called Conti pipes.

2096435340097216392s600fs4.jpg

I just don't think the modern Guzzi chassi with single sided swinging arm, CARC and monoshock lends itself to a cafe racer styled bike. It is just wrong.

If Guzzi wanted to make a cafe racer (don't think they do) they would be better off using a Tonti frame. I bought a 1000S when they came out and regret selling it. A more modern version, with 1200cc motor, quality suspension, wire wheels and decent brakes while keeping classic styling would look much better IMHO. Not sure if there is a real demand from buyers though- probably just hardened Guzzisti.

Found this on Google images as I have no digital images of my old steed- if you have red blood in your veins you'll want to swing a leg over her and take her for a back road thrashing.

1000S_02.JPG

Paul talked a few times about knocking a Bellagio into a Café Racer.

guzzi_940_caferacer_fairing.jpg

I don't like this "mix" of MG bikes.

At all.

The designers (Marebese or whatever) should have fresh ideas! I hope!

I don't like this "mix" of MG bikes.

At all.

The designers (Marebese or whatever) should have fresh ideas! I hope!

Its kinda there but not quiet loose the "race" number plate and the belly pan the 1100 sport tank won't work on the tonti frame anyway so may as well loose that. The 1000s tank will and has a larger capacity to boot, the front fairing is the right idea ducati sport classic/magni v11 style IMO the seat need to be shrunk so it intergrates with the rear gaurd better, 18inch front wheel is a bit of a problem and out of proportion with the rear you ethier need to step the rear up or size the front down athough there are issues with 4 pot caipliers and 17inch spoked rims. the front forks look a bit raked out too IMO maybe reduce the steering head angle down to 25 or even 24 degrees and the rear gaurd probally need to be extended and something done to break up the swooping line that the rear gaurd and set forms so it flows with the front fairing better and the straighter tank from the 1000s. I think the carc and the twin stacked pipes will work visually on this bike and after riding a 1000s they aren't a bad bike but we don't need to go back to thier shaft jacking gear crunching performance. Guzzi certianly don't from a marketing piont of view ethier. I think however I have just described a classic styled 1100 sport which may or may not be a good thing.

Something for the snow bound photochump nerds to work on, it will be 32 degrees here tomorrow, celcius that is :D .

Bugger 'Cafe Racer'.

I tried to link the pic direct but the board says 'Get Lost' so you'll have to make do with this.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/44512000@N00/3070648650/

Pete

You've painted!

3070648650_5e9f7bb233.jpg

One should know the name of who had done this design! If anything is an all-time classic then it's this orange striping.

Tenni - Tonti - This_Guy - Marabese (V11 Sport)

Does anybody know something about him?

Hubert