The Café Racer version

belfastguzzi

It's his bikes that he likes to stand out. As one gets older and dafter, remembering which bike you brought out can become difficult. Knowing that yours is the one that gives everyone dry heaves makes it easy to wander around until it finds you.

They should just re-issue the V11 Sport, looks plenty cafe-racer to me! wink.gif

I kind of agree with Joe here, the V11 is a modern version of the cafe racer.

With a few modifications to removing bits here and there this is what I have come up with on mine.

I further reduced the position of the front clip ons by substituting originals for Ducati 999 clip ons.

Guzzi_at_Timmies.jpg

They should just re-issue the V11 Sport, looks plenty cafe-racer to me! wink.gif

I kind of agree with Joe here, the V11 is a modern version of the cafe racer.

With a few modifications to removing bits here and there this is what I have come up with on mine.

I further reduced the position of the front clip ons by substituting originals for Ducati 999 clip ons.

I gotta agree. Guzzi's timing was all wrong, pulling the cafe racer just as Ducati AND Triumph saw the light by bringing out their own cafe racers. An opportunity blown!

Steve

Well I got a 1200 sport, and have been doing some photoshopping. Only tank/seat is changed. But easyer with photoshop than in real life.

you forgot to put a USD, :P :P

you forgot to put a USD, :P:P

I was tempted, but in cafe racer style the traditional forks fit too. And if usd, only öhlins :-) The ohlins from aprilia fit right in, with triple clamps. Guzzi used Aprilia bearings in the steering head, so these forks fit. To start with I will keep the originals. The rest, time will tell.

• 3 weeks later...
I can't see one thing without being distracted by the other!

Ah yes, I should have said, "if the mirrors and the model were removed".

Or were you thinking more that the bike should be removed?