Ohlins shock for V11 Le Mans

Guest jprice@hlpnet.net

Guest jprice@hlpnet.net

The Ohlins part number is MG127-HRCS, and I just got mine insatlled!

How many OOOHHHH's are there in WHOO-HOO!?!?!?!

The install went really by the numbers as if this item was made for my bike (which of course, it was). The installation instructions were written just fro the V11 Sport/Le Mans models. The bracket for the hydraulic preload sdjuster fits great under the right side muffler bracket.

I found it a little stiff over the freeway expansion joints here in LA, but I am going to try a little less rebound to see if that helps. It really improved the overall handling feel by a wide margin.

More news as it develops.

BTW, I measured 7mm initial sag in the rear, but I could not take a total sag measurement by myself. My front sag is 26mm initial/35mm total, which is within the guidelines in the setup manual that came with the shock..

Ride well. Ride safe.

-Jack Price

Glendale, CA

02 V11 Le Mans

Guest jimjib

Again I will say, as one that has the ohlins front and rear....I dont think they are worth the money. Send your stuff off to racetech and I think you will be as happy and save a ton of money.

Guest jprice@hlpnet.net

I got it from Mr Ed's Moto for $750 delivered to my door.

Of course, it took from the end of March to the end of July, but I did get it.

I think I recall seeing 85kg on the spring. Does that seem likely?

Ride well. Ride safe.

-Jack Price

Glendale, CA

02 V11 Le Mans

Guest Guest_scott

From what I've seen in the cycle rags, the Scura comes stock with the Ohlins; furthermore, the test riders were down right disappointed in the ride quality of the Scura (said the Ohlins were "harsh, harsh, harsh"). Sound like MG and Ohlins need to work on a better set up?! :huh:

Guest jimjib

Everyone thought I was crazy about the harsh ride..untill those articles came out. No complaints about the front though.. although I might need a little stiffer spring.