how many Rosso Corse produced!

coldduc

Don't know. Not many.

US imports were reportedly about 50 for the Rosso Corsa. Same for the Nero Corsa and Coppa Italia in 2004...

Nice bike you've got listed on Ebay, but overpriced about two grand...

Rare, valuable, and desireable are not necessarily mutually inclusive.

Good luck with it...

I'm not sure its way over priced, you sure don't want to under price the bike! I went to a dealer who was closing up shop here in the new england area and he had a 2002 LeMans brand new on the floor for $10500. It was basic LM silver and red with no ohlins or anything like the RC. I don't know what he got for it but I don't think your way out of line. I stopped in your shop a few years ago and had a good chat with you about your motorcycle buisness and also checked out that V7 you had...very nice!

I hope you buisness is doing well.

Hal

I don't know how much you were trying to get for your Rosso Corse, but a Rosso Mandelo is available in Vancouver at British Italian Motorcycles for about $8,000.00 Canadian, with almost no miles on it. ( that is only $6,400.00US) It is beautiful. I realize that it is not as good a bike as yours in some ways. I just bought a 2004 Lemans for $7,000.00CDN that is almost like new with the usual improvements, pipe, and powercomander etc.

Last year a lot of Canadians were buying bikes from the US because our dollar was at par with the US. Now it is the Americans turn to buy those bikes back.

Nigel

• 3 weeks later...

I don't know how much you were trying to get for your Rosso Corse, but a Rosso Mandelo is available in Vancouver at British Italian Motorcycles for about $8,000.00 Canadian, with almost no miles on it. ( that is only $6,400.00US) It is beautiful. I realize that it is not as good a bike as yours in some ways. I just bought a 2004 Lemans for $7,000.00CDN that is almost like new with the usual improvements, pipe, and powercomander etc.

Last year a lot of Canadians were buying bikes from the US because our dollar was at par with the US. Now it is the Americans turn to buy those bikes back.

Nigel

i bought a n 04 nero from the states last year when the dollar was at par, 1000 miles, like new,10 G + shipping, which was a lot of money,but worth it to me to have a bike rarely seen ,if ever in these parts! you won't be buying this one back to the U S, unless you pry it from my dead body! it looks nice next to my mocified 00 sport. :)

i bought a n 04 nero from the states last year when the dollar was at par, 1000 miles, like new,10 G + shipping, which was a lot of money,but worth it to me to have a bike rarely seen ,if ever in these parts! you won't be buying this one back to the U S, unless you pry it from my dead body! it looks nice next to my mocified 00 sport. :)

How did you get the Nero Corsa past RIV & Transport Canada's 'inclusion list'.

Steve

How did you get the Nero Corsa past RIV & Transport Canada's 'inclusion list'.

Steve

Steve,basically the papers you need at the border are 1; the Original Title( registration of previous owner), 2; Bill of sale, and 3; A Recall Clearance letter. 2 and 3 can be copys. the recall clearance letter comes from Piaggio Group Americas, Inc., at 212- 380-4431 (Aftersales Dept.),(for moto- guzzi).If you have it shipped, the paperwork has to arrive at the specific border crossing ahead of the bike. I think it was at least a couple of days. A customs broker can help you with getting the paperwork to the border, and with tarrifs. I used A&A customs brokers out of Vancouver. About the only shippers bringing bikes into the country are JT intn'l shippers out of california. I had a bit of problems with them,as the drivers they hired (rookies), forgot to pick up some shipping documents at the warehouse by the border where the bike was shipped to before crossing. Luckilly, i was checking the tracking info from the shippers and noticed it wasn't moving from Blaine, and i got on the blower and got it straightened out. J T did not even know what was going on, and i wasn't impressed. In hindsight it would have been easier picking it up myself! I know a few buddies who have dealt with them with no incidents. Anyhow, it was all worthwhile when I saw my Nero being unloaded at my house! The only thing I had to do after that was get an interprovincial inspection done, and then get it registered. It really isn't too bad of a process; just getting the paperwork in order. regards,doug.

Thanks for the info Doug. I've imported two bikes in from the USA, a simple procedure to be sure, but as you say, the paperwork must be in order or it's #@$&@#@. Both times I did the papers myself, no broker is needed. Simple, easy, and when our dollar was more than .90us, cost saving!!

The reason I ask, is there was a group of bikes which were not allowed entry into Canada, or at least the acceptance by Transport Canada was spotty. The first group were the early 2002 Lemans, when M.G. upsized the rear tire to 180mm from 170mm. Early in 04 they were again accepted, but again they were taken off the 'inclusion list' because of upgraded front forks of certain Lemans models, including yours. I remember this clearly, as I was ready to trade my V11 Sport in on a Nero Corsa, but they were not brought in. A quick look at the inclusion list as I type this response shows that those models are now atteptable for entry into Canada. That list changes all the time, and they do mention as much on the list. The most difficult task these days is the reluctance of the US suppliers of bikes to give Canadians recall clearance letters, instead forcing buyers/importers to get these letters from the Canadian reps, who in many cases want 500$-1000$ for the letter.

I'll have to keep my eyes open on this matter, it's a serious buyers market right now.

Steve

• 12 years later...
  • 1 year later...

This is a great thread with the Canadian content. Does anyone know of the recent market in the BC area. I would sure like to land one. The post on which bikes can be brought into Canada is very important. Thanks for that Vancouver. 

• Like 1

• 9 months later...

Still haven’t seen a definitive number for number of Rosso Corsa’s produced. Searched the internet and TIMS posted the number 50 to US. That is the shop that rebuilt my Honda CBX to better than factory appearance, so I’ll take it as gospel. Only 50 to the US!

https://www.2040-motos.com/Moto-Guzzi/v11-lemans-rosso-corsa-edition/2003-moto-guzzi-rosso-corsa-10296/

When I bought my 03 Rosso new in 2004 from MG Vespa in New Orleans I was told that it was one of 57 imported to the U.S.   Just another tid bit of information.  Still have her and still running strong!

• Like 3