just a ramble really

donsgone

not really anything important to say but took the breva on a run sat and it proved itself a great touring do it all bike once again but what is it that stirs the soul and makes me feel ten years younger and so much more free when I ride the V-11 can any of you American guy's come back and say what it is that stirs your soul when riding the sport c'mon bare your soul what is it that makes us biker's ,freedom,speed,the buzz,the need to see other places with wind in the hair ,the thrill of "Lord nearly lost it then" ,but kept on track so feel good in ability,we all done it ,or is it that brill sound that no one else can replicate ,dunno 'bout you guy's but I'm pushing 59 and will never ride another 'cycle but a big Guzzi simply because it has a soul,said it before and say it again theres people ride fast bikes and people who ride fast on bikes ,been riding bikes long time now and don't know of anything else where you can pull up in a foriegn country and have a chat to a totall stranger just because he riding a 'bike ,God Bless an G'Night.Don

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

not really anything important to say but took the breva on a run sat and it proved itself a great touring do it all bike once again but what is it that stirs the soul and makes me feel ten years younger and so much more free when I ride the V-11 can any of you American guy's come back and say what it is that stirs your soul when riding the sport c'mon bare your soul what is it that makes us biker's ,freedom,speed,the buzz,the need to see other places with wind in the hair ,the thrill of "Lord nearly lost it then" ,but kept on track so feel good in ability,we all done it ,or is it that brill sound that no one else can replicate ,dunno 'bout you guy's but I'm pushing 59 and will never ride another 'cycle but a big Guzzi simply because it has a soul,said it before and say it again theres people ride fast bikes and people who ride fast on bikes ,been riding bikes long time now and don't know of anything else where you can pull up in a foriegn country and have a chat to a totall stranger just because he riding a 'bike ,God Bless an G'Night.Don

I think it's the undeniable presence of Motorcycle DNA in the v11s. Subsequent Guzzis & all other motorcycles that I can think of have had most of it refined out of them. I recall taking a test ride on a Honda VFR800and commenting upon my return that although it didn't do anything wrong, neither did it do anything right.The dealer was somewhat surprised and pointed out the all-around excellence of the bike by any standards. My reply was that it was too late for Honda as Toyota had already built the perfect motorcycle as it kept the rain off as well. I think earlier bikes had charisma in greater or lesser measure because they were built by people who wanted to build motorcycles according to their vision and so much of that shines through when you ride one. That's why I gladly accept the V11s flaws and enjoy riding it so much; it's the genuine article.

Ride safe..

Mark

I can't top any of this testimonial service. I know that Asians build superior technology and quality. I also know they are nothing more than a machine with no soul and I feel no real connecton to. A Moto Guzzi (as with all Italian motorcycles) are flawed works of art with two thousand years of aesthetic passion put in a 3-dimensional form.

Are these motorcycles for everyone? No. That's where Japanese motorcycles come in. These bikes are for the man who admires exotic beauty and has "grok" . If you know someone who has these characteristics he rides a MotoGuzzi.

can any of you American guy's come back and say what it is that stirs your soul when riding the sport c'mon bare your soul what is it that makes us biker's ,freedom,speed,the buzz,the need to see other places with wind in the hair
Guess we all know what you mean. Speaking of Japanese in-line fours, I often wonder just how much they would differ from each other if they were to be spray painted in the same color. On a different note, here's a gem from one of those "rebels" for which the V11 is some "jap crap" like somebody mentioned in a previous post :D Sorry, couldn't resist: "Real Bikers" "Real Rebels" :rolleyes:

I can feel a poll coming on :P

I suspect that most of us here would choose to fly in a Spitfire (or any WW2 fighter) to a flight in say a Eurofighter or even a ride on the footplate of the Flying Scotsman or Mallard rather than a Bullet Train ?

I can feel a poll coming on :P

I suspect that most of us here would choose to fly in a Spitfire (or any WW2 fighter) to a flight in say a Eurofighter or even a ride on the footplate of the Flying Scotsman or Mallard rather than a Bullet Train ?

Yes, I would choose Spitfire and the Flying Scotsman. I like it raw.

A poll would be interesting, I suspect most of us would choose the older more involved technology instead of the more modern "better" alternative.

now a real test question.... Aston Martin DB5 or DB7 :P