nice trackday

Guest v11eric

Guest v11eric

Last Friday our Dutch MG importer organized a trackday only for MG and Voxan motorcycles. The hole day temp around 23 degree's C, wile the day before and after it was wet. Befor this day begun I worked tru Hypers setup list and found for the rear the standard settings on my bike (clicks from 0) compr 25 clicks from 40, reb 27 from 39 the best. but for the front I found a much softer setting that worked better for me. much more feedback when there bumps in the road. The new settings on the front (clicks from 0) comp 5 from 17 (was9) reb 6 from 17 (was 10). These new settings I found befor the day begun on the giant empty parkinglot and Paddock. these new settings didn't didn't chance much, I did some small chances inbetween sessions and these were it. I still think the front doesn't respond quick enough it feels like there is some fricktion in the fork???

Another thing what happend that the frontweel blocked in the last half meter on very hard braking. this has never happend befor and I like realy hard braking. So for me there are 3 reasons 1 I brake harder than ever befor. 2 the new (200km) tyres 3 the new softer settings. The bike dives more than befor but it doesn't block.

This was a very nice day and a real eyeopener on setup, but i don't know how to improve the front anymore by myselve.

Very good iniciative from our importer and a very nice day whit some 60 Guzzi's and some 10 Voxan's. In the morning there were some motorcycle exercices and tracktraining led by some policemotorinstructors which were very nice folk's and even better motorpilots, there were also some competition race drivers who would learn you everything. After lunch there was free riding on the track in sessions separated by ability. there has been no accidant and everybody went home on the bike they came on.

greetings

Eric

01 V11 Lemans

Guest Guest

Comparing to the other bikes I had before, V11 is better responding to a proper suspension setup. The Jap bikes I had were less sensitive in that regard.

Just my opinion. Nice post v11eric.

Guest hyper

Hello V11 eric, I was happy to read that you went out on a track day, I bet that all 60 Guzzi riders went home with a huge boner! Watch out girls.

When I was instructing new racers at the track I used to tell them that they will learn more in one track day than you will in a year of street riding! As far as your suspension problems go you are doing the right thing by not being scared to adjust things and try them out. One thing you didn't mention was how much fork travel you were using. We use zip ties around the fork leg so when you get off the bike you can see how much travel was used. If it was bottoming out you can either increase comp. dampening or remove the caps off the top of your forks and add 10cc of oil. Adding oil in small amounts makes the air space smaller so that it resists bottoming. I hope all you other Guzzi riders take the time to do a track day, it's awesome. Thanks, Hyper