refinishing a tank protector

Bri

Has anyone refinished the soft foam tank protector on the v 11?? mines getting a little dull & old looking . Im wondering if there is some kinda a spray that will bring it back to life or is a new one in order??

~Brian~

Has anyone refinished the soft foam tank protector on the v 11?? mines getting a little dull & old looking . Im wondering if there is some kinda a spray that will bring it back to life or is a new one in order??

~Brian~

It's not a tank protector, it's a chin pad! [Ref: old 50s race bikes had a pad for the rider's chin when they were stretched out at full tilt...]

Armor All will make it shiny [& slippery.] Replacement w/ the CF unit will make it harder & lighter. Replacement w/ an actual leather pad will make it even more retro & have greater cachet than the plastic pad. Me? I'd make a steel replacement so that magnetic tankbags would have something to work with!

;)

~Brian~

WD40

~Brian~

silicone spray works good for all types of rubber and plastics...

What I found restored the one on my 02 v 11 sport was to rub in a dollop of silicone dielectric grease, let it stay overnight then buff with a microfiber towel, made the dried out ,dull rubber look like new for the year I owned the bike, Rick.

Can it be replaced with something abit less expensive that the carbon fibre one for a hassle free alternative to the rubber?

Where can ya source a carbon fiber one?